About Wurl, LLC.
Wurl is a global streaming network. Our B2B services provide streamers, content companies, and advertisers with a powerful, integrated network to distribute and monetize streaming television reaching hundreds of million of connected televisions in over 50 countries. This year Wurl was acquired by AppLovin (Nasdaq: APP), an industry-leading mobile marketing ad tech company, bringing together the technology and innovation of the mobile and television industries. With the merger, Wurl employees enjoy the best of both worlds: the dynamic environment of a 160+ person start-up and the stability of a high-growth public tech company.
Wurl is a fully-remote company that has been recognized for the second year in a row as a Great Place to Work. Wurl invests in providing a culture that fosters passion, drives excellence, and encourages collaboration to drive innovation. We hire the world’s best to build a bunch of cool stuff on an interface fully integrated with their own from streaming, advertising and software technology to continue to help us disrupt the way the world watches television.
VP of Sales, Europe
The VP of Sales, Europe will create and drive business and support overall company strategy. This leadership role will primarily work to support the Sales team to proactively attract new large-scale customers through networking with existing relationships and building new relationships. The VP of Sales, Europe will report to the COO. In addition to securing new clients and projects, this role will maintain and nurture relationships of existing accounts.
What You’ll Do
- Lead and drive an expanding Sales team to maintain a robust sales pipeline and consistently meet goals by team winning new customers and successfully bringing new Agreements to signature
- Support the Sales team to develop strong strategies for market domination of Tier 1 and Tier 2 content companies identified as critical to Wurl’s success
- Serve as sales team escalation point for issues relating to business opportunities
- Evaluate opportunities based on the appropriateness to the Wurl portfolio
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders across the organization, including Content Operations, Engineering, and Product, to establish Wurl’s strategic direction based on client feedback
- Maintain a consistent grasp of new technologies and changing market landscapes
- Create budget sales forecast and meet or exceed quarterly and yearly sales goals
- Manage pipeline and funnel for the Sales department via our CRM (salesforce.com) and regularly update the COO and other leadership teams on status via regular reporting
- Using the feedback from the marketplace and the team, work with marketing to regularly update sales enablement materials and create custom decks for various pitches
- Drafting and managing Proposals, including leading negotiations to successful contract execution
- Meet weekly with direct reports in 1:1 meetings, set quarterly OKRs, hold quarterly performance assessment meetings, conduct annual reviews and insure that other team leaders do the same
- Assist in creation and management of annual AIP program
- Serve as a strategic spokesperson for Wurl on Panels or at Industry Events
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree, required.
- MBA, preferred
- 15+ years of Business Development/Sales; successful quota carrying experience, required
- 10+ years of experience in successfully managing a BD/sales team with a demonstrated ability to meet and exceed quarterly/yearly goals
- 3+ years of experience within the (virtual)MVPD/OTT/CTV space, demonstrating a firm grasp of the industry, required
- Strong experience and knowledge of the CTV Advertising industry and the various ways each of the participating parties interact (DSPs, SSPs, Ad Servers, Streamers, etc.)
- Exceptional sales skills, with a proven track record in driving sales from start to finish
- Strong track record of accurately forecasting sales both in the short term and long term
- In-depth sales experience in European markets
- Experience and strong, current relationships with studios, TV networks and digital first networks are critical, with a robust list of existing high-level industry contacts
- Self-starter with the ability to independently manage multiple ongoing projects; ability to execute to MBOs/OKRs
- Experience writing and delivering customer proposals (Word, Powerpoint) and answering RFIs
- Ability to be a team player and communicate, collaborate and work effectively as part of a fast-paced and highly intelligent team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required, as well as experience presenting in public settings
- Superior task management skills with a passion for proactivity and organization
- Ability to utilize CRM tools (Salesforce a plus) as well as Keynote, Excel, Zoom and other programs which may be helpful
- Possess an ingrained passion for solving customer challenges by uncovering needs, recommending solutions and successfully selling that solution to our customers
- Commitment to offering excellent customer service through immediate follow-up and problem-solving
- Ability to manage sales globally, as well as hiring, training, and managing other Business Development team members
What We Offer
- Competitive Salary & Equity
- Pension Matching
- Remote First Policy
- 25 Annual Holiday Leave Days
- Private Medical Insurance
- $1k Work From Home Stipend to Set Up Your Office
Few companies allow you to thrive like you will at Wurl. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with the industry’s brightest minds and most innovative thinkers. You will enjoy ongoing mentorship, team collaboration and you will understand what we mean by ‘human connection”. You will be proud to say you're a part of the company revolutionizing TV.
At Wurl, we value work-life harmony and believe that family and mental health should always come first. Our team is fiercely passionate and contagiously enthusiastic about what we are building. While we are seeking those who know our industry, there is no perfect candidate and we want to encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all requirements.