About Wurl, LLC.
Do you want to help grow an incredible entertainment and ad tech company with a fantastic culture, collaborate and grow your career, while working remotely?
Wurl is redefining TV through our mission of connecting all the world’s programming with all the world’s viewers. And in pursuit of this, Wurl has become the world leader in powering streaming TV. Our industry-leading platform helps renowned media companies such as A+E Networks, AMC Networks, BBC Studios, Bloomberg, CNN, Reuters, and Sony create streaming TV channels and deliver programming to the world’s biggest Streamers, including Amazon, Roku, Samsung TV Plus, LG, VIZIO, and Rakuten. Today, Wurl interconnects over 1200 streaming channels and Streamers, reaching more than 300 million connected TVs in over 50 countries. The Wurl Network makes it effortless for Content Companies to build global distribution for branded FAST channels, live events, and on-demand programming, as well as manage and monetize their ad inventory.
We're an entertainment tech startup with 160+ team members across the world. We've been recognized as a “Great Place to Work" after the first two years by fostering an inclusive and mission-driven culture. In addition to RSU's and great benefits, our people work remotely.
Senior Staff Software Engineer (Remote):
This is a wonderful opportunity to define the technical vision and solutions from the ground up. The role is highly cross functional in nature and requires working with Product, Solution Architects and various other functions across the organization.
What you will do:
- Drive highly impactful initiatives around media processing, media streaming, encryption, content delivery, ad insertion and digital rights management (DRM)
- Design, implement and deliver innovative features that scale with Wurl’s media network.
- Evaluate and integrate 3rd party software to enhance Wurl’s product portfolio
- Build highly secured and reliable software that runs 24x7 that is cloud native
- Collaborate with project managers, product managers, solutions architects, other engineering teams and support for productization of new software services and features
- Champion innovation, take ownership and lead cross functional collaboration as projects demand.
- Lead, mentor and coach junior engineers
- Other responsibilities as needed
- 10+ years of complete software lifecycle experience.
- Demonstrable fluency with modern programming languages like Golang, NodeJS, Java/C++ and not being afraid to learn a new one on the job.
- Experience designing and securing micro services and REST API
- 3+ years of experience working with AWS/Google cloud services is preferred
- Comfortable working in agile environments
- Evangelize good software development practices and lead from the front
- Prior experience delivering pipelines involving any of the following is a huge plus.
- Media processing/preparation/delivery
- Digital Rights Management (DRM)
- CDN, Large scale ad-servers
- HLS, DASH Streaming services
What We Offer
- Competitive Salary & Equity
- Strong Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits, 90% paid by Wurl
- Remote first policy
- Flexible Time Off
- 12 US Holidays
- 401(k) Matching
- Pre-Tax Savings Plans, HSA & FSA
- Ginger, Aaptiv and Headspace subscriptions for mental and physical wellness
- OneMedical subscription for 24/7 convenient medical care
- Paid Maternity and Parental Leave for all family additions
- Discounted PetPlan and easy at home access to Covid testing with empowerDX
- $1k Work From Home Stipend to set up your Office
Few companies allow you to thrive like you will at Wurl. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with the industry’s brightest minds and most innovative thinkers. You will enjoy ongoing mentorship, team collaboration and you will understand what we mean by ‘human connection”. You will be proud to say you're a part of the company revolutionizing TV.
At Wurl, we value work-life harmony and believe that family and mental health should always come first. Our team is fiercely passionate and contagiously enthusiastic about what we are building. While we are seeking those who know our industry, there is no perfect candidate and we want to encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all requirements.