About Wurl, Inc.
Wurl, the world leader in powering streaming TV, interconnects over 1200 streaming channels from the world’s top content companies with the leading streaming distribution services in over 50 countries. The Wurl Network platform helps leading studios such as A+E Networks, AMC Networks, BBC Studios, Bloomberg, CNN, Reuters and Sony, deliver programming to the biggest streaming platforms, including Amazon IMDb TV, LG, Roku, Samsung TV Plus, Rakuten, Twitch, and VIZIO, while maximizing monetization. Reaching over 300 million connected TVs around the globe, Wurl makes it effortless for content companies to build and track global distribution for branded linear channels, live events, and on-demand programming to manage and monetize their ad inventory.
We're an entertainment tech startup with 160+ team members across the world. We've been recognized as a “Great Place to Work" after the first two years by fostering an inclusive and mission-driven culture. In addition to stock options and great benefits, our people work remotely.
AdTech Architect (Remote):
This role will own the design and evolution of Wurl’s ad insertion ecosystem, with both customer-facing and internal-facing roles. (Management of the ecosystem will be supported by the AdOps team). The ideal candidate will have experience designing, building and operating reliable and secure Internet-scale OTT Ad Insertion platforms.
Externally, the Solutions Architect will be responsible for designing and presenting technical solutions for clients’ needs. This role will represent the engineering and product teams, helping create, present, and articulate technical solutions, answer integration questions from prospective clients, and provide technical support when it is escalated beyond the AdOps team.
Internally, the Solutions Architect will present proposed solutions to the AdTech group and help the onboarding of new infrastructures/customers/solutions. The Solutions Architect will work closely with Product Management on new product requirements and Engineering leaders to design scalable solutions and corresponding Technical Specifications.
- Evolve Wurl’s ad insertion ecosystem.
- Suggest, create, and execute proof-of-concept architectures for testing, architecture-verification, customer integration, etc.
- Author Technical Specification Documents
- Resolve technical issues related to proofs-of-concept architectures or newly created/proposed infrastructures.
- Partner with sales executives to plan, prepare, and demo strategic deals in complex sales cycles, actively participating in BD/client meetings as the solutions/strategy lead.
- Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers and become their trusted advisor supporting their project’s success.
- Help identify client-specific value propositions and work with BD to shape Wurl’s strategy; define the appropriate story and positioning for the market/target audience for the adoption of Wurl’s technologies.
- Author / contribute to Wurl internal and customer-facing publications.
- Understand the complexities and nuances of the business to effectively articulate differentiation, advantages, functionality, and success stories.
- Contribute to RFPs and other inquiries of the sales team as necessary.
- 5+ years of consulting, solution definition, or product management experience in OTT video processing, OTT video distribution, OTT streaming systems, ad insertion, and ad management.
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in digital video ingestion, transcoding, analytics and ad serving concepts.
- Familiarity with OTT streaming and ad technology protocols, including HLS, DASH, VAST, SCTE-35, MRSS, etc.
- Familiarity with scripting, REST APIs, and networking technologies.
- Strong system management and cloud experience with AWS or other cloud services, scripting capability, analytics services (Tableau, Data Dog, ELK, etc.)
- Proven history of forging strong, long-lasting relationships with senior executives and operational leaders.
- Experience and successful track record in creatively presenting complex concepts in an easily digestible manner to cross-functional teams, including Sales, Product, Engineering, and Executives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness to travel, when the world returns to normal.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent.
- Location: US Remote
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
What We Offer
Wurl provides a competitive compensation and excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life/disability insurance, 4 weeks of paid time off, 10 paid holidays, 401(k), flexible schedules and HSA. We are a fun, creative and collaborative remote work environment, headquartered in Palo Alto, CA. We live our values everyday in how we work with one another and support our clients. Wurl is truly a unique place to learn, create and have a daily impact on millions of people every day.
Our promise to you
Few companies will allow you to thrive like you will at Wurl. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with the industry’s brightest minds and most innovative thinkers. You will enjoy ongoing mentorship, and you will understand what we mean by “human connection.” You will be proud to say you’re a part of the company revolutionizing TV.