About Wurl, Inc.
The world’s TV viewing is rapidly migrating to internet-based production and delivery. Wurl is the market leader in helping content companies distribute and monetize their video programming. Our B2B network reaches over 150 million TVs delivering hundreds of millions of hours of programming and billions of ads for Wurl customers. Wurl enables leading content companies to create and manage streaming TV channels, live broadcasts, and on-demand content for distribution to streamers around the world. Wurl is based in Palo Alto, CA (HQ) and has offices in Santa Monica, New York and London.
At Wurl, you will help change what “TV” means for hundreds of millions of viewers around the world. This is a rare opportunity to be one of the first 100 employees for one of the fastest growing companies in Silicon Valley.
The In-House Graphic Designer will design a wide variety of things across digital and offline media. This includes the entire process of defining requirements, visualizing, and creating graphics including illustrations, layouts, and photos. This role will support various stakeholders for the shaping of our Website, Advertising Decks, Sizzle Reel, Sales Decks, Banner Ads, How-To-Videos and Social Media campaigns.
The ideal In-House Graphic Designer will have two primary areas of skillsets:
- DESIGN SKILLS – 3D design, art history, color theory, communication design, design theory, illustration, photography, typography, printing techniques, visual art, IT skills with design and photo-editing software, strong eye for visual composition.
- SOFT SKILLS – High level communication skills, artistry and creativity, analytical skills, time management skills, ability to collaborate, professional flexibility, passion and enthusiasm for design, confidence in presentation skills, ability to multi-task, attention to detail and commitment to accuracy, an understanding of the latest trends and their role within a B2B environment, open-mindedness and a willingness to accept feedback and make changes to designs.
This position reports directly to head of communications. Being a self-starter, capable of delivering brilliant creative ideas, with excellent communication skills and amazing attention to detail will lead to success in this role. Creative flair and a strong ability to translate requirements into design is a must.
- Meet with stakeholders to understand what is needed out of a project; assist in extracting ideas in a workable way and subsequent pitching of actualized ideas.
- Design sales decks, advertisements, reports, artwork for web pages, and other branding and communication materials.
- Maintain awareness of current industry and technology standards, social media, competitive landscape and market trends
- Create designs by hand, drawing; use of computer software to achieve similar ends.
- Test graphics across various media.
- Responsible for quality projects being developed on time and within budget. Ensure scope changes are processed and incorporated into the current scope of work in a timely manner.
- Strong project management and organization skills, a keen eye for aesthetics with meticulous attention to detail.
- Solid knowledge of design and visual principles.
- Proficient with design software and technologies InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere Pro, and After Effects
- Proficiency with Keynote and PowerPoint
- Ability to self-direct and work independently
- Portfolio of your work/projects
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- College degree or equivalent and minimum of 5 years relevant experience.
- Knowledge of layouts, graphic fundamentals, typography, the web and video.
- Compelling portfolio of work over a wide range of creative projects.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain high-level and consistent work ethic in all work-related duties.
What We Offer
Wurl provides a competitive compensation and excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life/disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, 401(k), flexible schedules and HSA. We are a fun, creative and collaborative remote work environment, headquartered in Palo Alto, CA. We live our values (PASSION, OWNERSHIP, RESPECT, EXCELLENCE) everyday in how we work with one another and support our clients. Wurl is truly a unique place to learn, create and have a daily impact on millions of people every day.