About Wurl, Inc.
The world’s TV viewing is rapidly migrating to internet-based production and delivery. Wurl is the market leader in helping content companies distribute and monetize their video programming. Our B2B network reaches over 150 million TVs delivering hundreds of millions of hours of programming and billions of ads for Wurl customers. Wurl enables leading content companies to create and manage streaming TV channels, live broadcasts, and on-demand content for distribution to streamers around the world. Wurl is based in Palo Alto, CA (HQ) and has offices in Santa Monica, New York and London.
At Wurl, you will help change what “TV” means for hundreds of millions of viewers around the world. This is a rare opportunity to be one of the first 100 employees for one of the fastest growing companies in Silicon Valley.
The Accounting Manager will report directly to the CFO as a key member of the management team and is responsible for direct supervision of accounting staff and functions. Our company is growing very rapidly - 10-15% per month. As we scale from 95 employees (today) to hundreds of employees during the next two years, Wurl’s Accounting Manager will play a pivotal role in scaling our financial procedures, workflow, team and policies.
Primary responsibilities include supervision of the monthly close process; monthly, quarterly and annual billings to clients; collection of accounts receivable, supervising accounts payable, payroll, monthly reporting, monthly reforecasting, annual preparation of a budget, assist in the preparation of quarterly tax projections and annual tax return preparation and all treasury administration. The Accounting Manager’s responsibility includes the oversight of these functions related to customers and employees in numerous countries. The Accounting Manager will also be part of a team that creates and implements policies and procedures to identify, resolve and document accounting issues in addition to creating procedures to make the close and reporting processes more efficient and accurate.
- Develop, implement, and maintain financial controls and guidelines
- Manage and improve annual budgeting process and quarterly updates
- Manage and monitor all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements as well as the requirements of private contributions, loans, and government contracts
- Maintain internal control safeguards for the receipt of revenue, costs and both team and organizational budgets and actual expenditures
- In conjunction with the CFO, establish financial and operating benchmarks, budgets, program monitoring, and reporting standards on a bi-weekly, monthly, and annual basis
- Implement consistent accounting policies, practices, and procedures across all programs, upholding federal, state, and local legal standards by remaining knowledgeable about existing, new, and future legislation
- Develop and enforce internal controls to maximize protection of company assets, policies, procedures, and workflow
- Oversee and support accounting team with dynamic leadership that creates an environment of trust and productivity
- Manage day-to-day banking relationships
- Develop and oversee practices and procedures for finance and bookkeeping related to employees and customers in numerous countries.
- Work closely with our outside accountants related to tax filings and financial reporting.
- 7-10 years combined accounting and financial business experience, ideally in a software or technology company, preferably a startup that has grown to an established business.
- Proven track record of successfully building and managing first-class financial organization, including ability to develop subordinates.
- CPA required, MBA strongly preferred
- Strong working knowledge of detailed financial data analysis
- Strong working knowledge of finance law and regulatory standards (GAAP)
- Experience in International finance (US, Europe, Asia & Latin America)
- Experience supporting sales and business development activities
- High degree of technology literacy
- Working knowledge of federal, state, and local tax compliance regulations and reporting
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills at executive level. Ability to communicate both ways, interfacing with individual contributors and senior management.
- Exceptional judgement and decision making skills, business acumen and professional maturity.
- Location: Bay Area (preferred) or LA
What We Offer
Wurl is a high growth company with a generous stock options plan. Wurl provides a competitive compensation and excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life/disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, 401(k), flexible schedules and HSA. We also offer $1000 to set up your work from home office. We are a fun, creative and collaborative remote work environment, headquartered in Palo Alto, CA. We live our values (PASSION, OWNERSHIP, RESPECT, EXCELLENCE) everyday in how we work with one another and support our clients. Wurl is truly a unique place to learn, create and have a daily impact on millions of people around the world every day.