It is an exciting time to be a part of Wurl’s Site Reliability team. Wurl is looking to build an SRE team that can systematically monitor and improve our platform. The SRE will operate at the intersection of software engineering and infrastructure engineering to ensure reliable, scalable, operable and secure product and service. We are still building the process that is our Site Reliability team and we are looking for someone who will help build this team and help shape processes at one of the fastest growing Silicon Valley startups. To do this we want to hire an SRE Manager who is ready to build a fantastic team and scale up rapidly growing with Wurl.
- Build a team that relentlessly pursues reliability and excellence
- Prioritize on-going production projects with upcoming releases that require new monitoring solutions
- Review metrics compliance and identify improvement projects for tighter compliance
- Work with other departments to improve SRE response processes
- Own the RCA workflow for major incidents with input from all departments across the company.
- Own and resolve tickets escalated from support for customer impacting events
- Own the development and maintenance for all service metrics to ensure proper coverage as our products evolve
- Own tooling, alerts, error budgets, and dashboards to ensure compliance with SLAs, SLOs, and SLIs
- Own the playbooks used to address events in production
- 2+ years in a management role with an emphasis on building and scaling a team
- 3+ years experience as an SRE or similar work.
- Excited to learn new things and share knowledge to empower coworkers
- Linux Systems Administration and experience with AWS services
- Strong people management & debugging skills.
- Ability to communicate and describe problems and their resolutions to both technical and non-technical people
- Solid experience developing, maintaining, and debugging Python, Ruby, Node.JS, or GoLang scripts.
- Solid experience with automation and configuration management tools
- Experience with container technologies
Plus if you have:
- Streaming video codecs and container knowledge.
- CDN and Caching technology knowledge.
- Experience with information security and best practices
What We Offer
Wurl provides a competitive compensation and excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life/disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, 401(k), flexible schedules and HSA. We are a fun, creative and collaborative remote work environment, headquartered in Palo Alto, CA. We live our values (PASSION, OWNERSHIP, RESPECT, EXCELLENCE) everyday in how we work with one another and support our clients. Wurl is truly a unique place to learn, create and have a daily impact on millions of people every day.
Who We Are
The Wurl Network is at the center of two giant ecosystems - the world's largest media brands and the world's largest TV streaming services. Wurl is the market leader in helping Video Producers distribute and monetize their content with scale, efficiency, and agility. Our network reaches +150 million TVs managing the distribution and monetization of hundreds of millions of hours of programming and billions of ads for Wurl customers. At Wurl, you will change what "TV" means for hundreds of millions of viewers around the world. This is a rare opportunity to be one of the first 200 employees for one of the fastest growing companies in Silicon Valley.
COVID Update: We are actively hiring for this position and have been operating as a fully distributed organization across the United States since Wurl started. We anticipate a future where we will be able to periodically gather as a company again, but we put the health and wellbeing of our employees (and their families) first.