About the job
The Wurl Network is at the center of two giant ecosystems - the world's largest media brands and the world's largest TV streaming services. Wurl is the market leader in helping Video Producers distribute and monetize their content with scale, efficiency, and agility. Our network reaches +150 million TVs managing the distribution and monetization of hundreds of millions of hours of programming and billions of ads for Wurl customers. Wurl is based in Palo Alto, CA (HQ) but location of candidate is open and dependent upon specific business needs for the position.
At Wurl, you will change what "TV" means for hundreds of millions of viewers around the world. This is a rare opportunity to be one of the first 100 employees for one of the fastest growing companies in Silicon Valley!
Business Development Representative
We are hiring a Business Development Representative to help us create and move opportunities and agreements through the pipeline and support our overall business development strategy. This role will be handling inbound leads for potential customers as well as proactively attracting new customers through networking and relationship building. The Business Development Representative will work with our sales management team to progress current deals from conversation to conversion. In addition to securing new clients and projects, this role will maintain and nurture relationships of existing accounts.
- Identify, initiate, and forge new relationships/deals in order to grow Wurl’s partner network and influence
- Increasing the visibility of Wurl’s possibilities & capabilities through client meetings and events
- Serve as sales contact for both outbound and inbound opportunities
- Regularly converse with our clients via email, phone, Zoom and in-person meetings
- Evaluate opportunities based on the appropriateness to the Wurl portfolio
- Educate and train clients on best practices and market insights
- Maintain relationships with existing clients and identify and close follow-on opportunities
- Liaise with multiple stakeholders across the organization, including Content Operations, Engineering and Product, to help establish Wurl’s strategic direction based on client feedback
- Consistently research prospective clients, new technologies, and market landscapes
- Manage pipeline via our CRM (salesforce.com) and regularly update the business development and leadership teams on status via ad hoc methods as well as weekly pipeline calls
- Regularly update sales enablement materials and create custom decks for various pitches
- Drafting and managing Proposals, including leading negotiations to successful deal closure
- Assist Business Development Associate with closing deals as needed
Our ideal candidate has directly relevant experience in a similar role and a similar type of company. In addition, candidates should also possess the following skills/traits:
- Bachelor’s degree (4-year) is required. MBA preferred but not essential.
- 3+ years of Business Development/Sales and/or Product Management experience in Digital Video Publishing and/or online broadcasting; successful quota carrying experience is a huge plus
- Experience within and understanding of the (virtual)MVPD/OTT/CTV space
- Self-starter with the ability to manage multiple ongoing projects; ability to execute to MBOs/OKRs
- Ability to be a team player and communicate, collaborate and work effectively as part of a fast-paced and highly intelligent team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required, as well as experience presenting in public settings
- Superior task management skills with a passion for proactivity and organization
- Ability to utilize CRM tools (Salesforce a plus) as well as Keynote, Excel, Zoom and other programs which may be helpful
- Possess an ingrained passion for solving customer challenges by uncovering needs, recommending solutions and successfully selling that solution to our customers
- Commitment to offering excellent customer service through immediate follow-up and problem-solving
COVID Update: We are actively hiring for this position and have been operating as a fully distributed organization across the United States since Wurl started. We anticipate a future where we will be able to periodically gather as a company again, but we put the health and wellbeing of our employees (and their families) first.