The world’s video viewing is migrating to the Internet and Wurl is leading the way. Every day, 24/7 our network delivers their live, linear and VOD programming to the world’s largest Internet-based video services - including Twitch, Roku, Sling, Samsung, Vizio, IMDb. Launched in October 2017, our company has quickly become the market leader in video delivery and monetization. We’re enabling distribution of the world’s best programming to the world’s biggest video services. We need your help.
We are looking for an experienced leader who has successfully built and managed multiple full stack engineering teams with a successful track record. In this job, you'll be responsible for building and leading multiple full stack cloud engineering teams responsible for ingestion, curation, and scheduling of managed media into 24x7-linear channels and VOD deliveries. You will be responsible for architecture, design, development and delivery / implementation of software services and microservices. Challenges of this position include lead teams responsible for large libraries of content and related metadata, validating channels across multiple video services, preserving lineup integrity in the midst of ever-changing content, develop state of art user interfaces and optimize performance as Wurl continues to grow at a rapid pace.
- 10+ years of complete software lifecycle experience as a full stack engineer, including architecture, design and implementation of microservices using cloud infrastructure.
- 5+ years of experience leading and managing engineering teams
- Extensive hands on experience developing microservices using different frameworks
- Production and multiple release cycle experience with React, including Typescript.
- Experience with JSON API-level interface, REST and GraphQL
- Experience using modern web technologies and network transports (WebSockets, Redis, SCSS)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including documenting software design and process.
- Deep knowledge of engineering fundamentals such as Agile methodology, git-flow, pull requests, code reviews, SLAs, and test-driven development.
- Sound understanding of DevOps practices and software toolchain as well as data structures and algorithms; and experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment tools such as Jenkins and Test Driven Development (TDD) and writing automated tests
- Experience using client-side state management tools like Redux and Apollo Client.
Our ideal candidate will have experience with:
- Possesses high-level understanding in the areas of streaming video, ad insertion, CDN, content management systems, API, databases, and system design
- A track record as a coach, mentor, and developer of talent
- An understanding of the W3C Media Source Extensions and the video tag.
- Knowledge of video delivery standards (HLS, MP4, RTMP, DASH, MRSS, MP-TS, RTMP)
What We Offer
Wurl provides a competitive compensation and excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life/disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, 401(k), remote working environment, flexible schedules and HSA. We are a fun, creative and collaborative remote work environment, headquartered in Palo Alto, CA. We live our values (PASSION, OWNERSHIP, RESPECT, EXCELLENCE) everyday in how we work with one another and support our clients. Wurl is truly a unique place to learn, create and have a daily impact on millions of people every day.
Who We Are
The Wurl Network is at the center of two giant ecosystems - the world's largest media brands and the world's largest TV streaming services. Wurl is the market leader in helping Video Producers distribute and monetize their content with scale, efficiency, and agility. Our network reaches +150 million TVs managing the distribution and monetization of hundreds of millions of hours of programming and billions of ads for Wurl customers. At Wurl, you will change what "TV" means for hundreds of millions of viewers around the world. This is a rare opportunity to be one of the first 100 employees for one of the fastest growing companies in Silicon Valley.
COVID Update: We are actively hiring for this position and have been operating as a fully distributed organization across the United States since Wurl started. We anticipate a future where we will be able to periodically gather as a company again, but we put the health and wellbeing of our employees (and their families) first.