Launch Operations Manager
The Launch Operations Manager will be responsible for all channel launches within the Wurl Network. As the pace of channel launches continues to grow, the Launch Ops team plays an increasingly central role in ensuring all of those launches are delivered on time and as expected. This role is responsible for the end-to-end project management of channel launches, communicating status with Video Producers and maintaining timelines both internally and externally with the customer and the Wurl team. The Launch Operations Manager will also act as the primary point of contact for the Video Service during the channel launch process.
- Spearhead, streamline and own the entire channel launch process
- Ensure all customers are fully aware of the status of their channel launch at all times
- Maintain weekly cadence with any customer currently in an active launch
- Partner with the Onboarding team to ensure all requirements for launch are met
- Coordinate with Sales to ensure customer relationship is maintained throughout launch
- Act as immediate support contact for customers during any active launch
- Diagnose and troubleshoot issues that pertain to launch
- Ability to identify which issues need to be escalated and effectively communicate them to other branches of the company using tools such as JIRA, ZenDesk and Asana
- Have an innovative eye for ways to scale launch efforts while maintaining any documentation needed to ensure the process remains accurate
Our ideal candidate has directly relevant experience in a similar role and a similar type of company. In addition they should also possess the following skills/traits:
- 3+ years experience in project management or technical operations in the digital video delivery space
- Expert project management skills including the ability to take on many projects at once
- Top-notch problem solving skills, with a knack for finding the solution by collaborating with both internal and external teams
- Comfortable with asserting requirements and deadlines internally and with the customer
- Strong understanding of streaming video specs including video codecs, closed caption formats and stream output types
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
What We Offer
Wurl provides a competitive compensation and excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life/disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, 401(k), flexible schedules and HSA. We are a fun, creative and collaborative remote work environment, headquartered in Palo Alto, CA. We live our values (PASSION, OWNERSHIP, RESPECT, EXCELLENCE) everyday in how we work with one another and support our clients. Wurl is truly a unique place to learn, create and have a daily impact on millions of people every day.
Who We Are
The Wurl Network is at the center of two giant ecosystems - the world's largest media brands and the world's largest TV streaming services. Wurl is the market leader in helping Video Producers distribute and monetize their content with scale, efficiency, and agility. Our network reaches +150 million TVs managing the distribution and monetization of hundreds of millions of hours of programming and billions of ads for Wurl customers. At Wurl, you will change what "TV" means for hundreds of millions of viewers around the world. This is a rare opportunity to be one of the first 100 employees for one of the fastest growing companies in Silicon Valley.
COVID Update: We are actively hiring for this position and have been operating as a fully distributed organization across the United States since Wurl started. We anticipate a future where we will be able to periodically gather as a company again, but we put the health and wellbeing of our employees (and their families) first.