The Wurl Network is at the center of two giant ecosystems - the world’s largest media brands and the world’s largest TV streaming services. Wurl is the market leader in helping Video Producers distribute and monetize their content with scale, efficiency, and agility. Our network reaches +150 million TVs managing the distribution and monetization of hundreds of millions of hours of programming and billions of ads for Wurl customers. Wurl is based in Palo Alto, CA (HQ) but location of candidate is open and dependent upon specific business needs for the position. At Wurl, you will change what “TV” means for hundreds of millions of viewers around the world. This is a rare opportunity to be one of the first 100 employees for one of the fastest growing companies in Silicon Valley.
The Solutions Engineer will be responsible for designing, architecting, and presenting technical solutions for clients’ needs and supporting Wurl’s business initiatives. This role will represent the engineering and product teams’ capabilities during the sales cycle, helping present and articulate technical solutions and answer integration questions from prospective clients.
- Contribute to RFPs and other inquiries of the sales team as necessary
- Partner with sales executives to plan, prepare, and demo strategic deals in complex sales cycles
- Serve as the technical liaison during the handoff from sales to onboarding
- Successfully match customer pain/requirements to proposed solutions
- Capture market intelligence from pre-sales interactions to support the product team’s future development roadmap
- Help identify client-specific value propositions and work with BD to shape the appropriate story and positioning for the market/target audience
- Understand the complexities and nuances of the business to effectively articulate differentiation, advantages, functionality, and success stories
- Actively participate in BD/client meetings as the solutions/strategy lead
- Negotiate engagement terms where appropriate, either in tandem with BD or independently
- Navigate the complexities of client partnerships throughout the sales process, including the elements of implementation and advertising integration
- Lead development/implementation of marketing strategy and collateral to grow Wurl’s awareness and penetration within the media community—including both the connector and advertising solutions
- 5+ years of sales consulting, solution definition, consulting, or product management experience in video distribution, streaming systems and/or broadcasting
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in digital video ingestion, transcoding, analytics and ad serving concepts
- Proven history of forging strong, long-lasting relationships with senior executives and operational leaders
- Experience in creatively presenting complex concepts in an easily digestible manner
- Familiarity with APIs
- Experience and deep understanding of OTT streaming: MPEG-TS, HLS, DASH; container formats: MP4, TS; Ad Insertion Architectures: Ad Servers, VAST, SSAI
- Must have exposure interacting with cross-functional teams, including Sales, Product, Engineering, and Executives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Willingness to travel
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
What We Offer
Wurl provides a competitive compensation and excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life/disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, 401(k), flexible schedules and HSA. We are a fun, creative and collaborative remote work environment, headquartered in Palo Alto, CA. We live our values (PASSION, OWNERSHIP, RESPECT, EXCELLENCE) everyday in how we work with one another and support our clients. Wurl is truly a unique place to learn, create and have a daily impact on millions of people every day.
COVID Update: We are actively hiring for this position and have been operating as a fully distributed organization across the United States since Wurl started. We anticipate a future where we will be able to periodically gather as a company again, but we put the health and wellbeing of our employees (and their families) first.