We are looking for a Senior Streaming Software Engineer to join our team of highly skilled, motivated and collaborative engineers. In this role you would be a key contributor to identifying and solving many of the critical tasks on our roadmap including:
- CREATE new play-out and delivery systems to enable video distribution to global video services (OTT, social, live)
- DEVELOP state-of-the-art tech and services to enhance live, linear and VOD video distribution
- EXTEND Wurl’s server-side dynamic ad insertion platform
- BUILD our network to blanket the planet
If you are passionate about solving complex problems with elegant and creative solutions, then this job maybe a perfect fit for you.
Who you are:
- 7+ years of complete software lifecycle experience.
- Proven experience with Golang, NodeJS or Ruby and/or other modern languages.
- Prior experience delivering highly resilient, distributed micro services on public/private cloud infrastructures.
- Understanding of basic workflow engines and state transitions.
- Experience working with AWS services like EC2, Lambda, RDS, S3, SQS etc.
- Experience working with Agile methodologies.
- Great team player with can do attitude.
- Experience with HTTP video delivery/Dynamic Ad Insertion (DAI)/CDN technologies
- Knowledge of open-source software like FFMPEG and nginx.
- An understanding of video delivery standards (HLS, MP4, RTMP, DASH, MRSS, MP-TS, RTMP)
What We Offer
Wurl provides a competitive compensation and excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life/disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, 401(k), flexible schedules and HSA. We are a fun, creative and collaborative remote work environment, headquartered in Palo Alto, CA. We live our values (PASSION, OWNERSHIP, RESPECT, EXCELLENCE) everyday in how we work with one another and support our clients. Wurl is truly a unique place to learn, create and have a daily impact on millions of people every day.
Who We Are
The Wurl Network is at the center of two giant ecosystems - the world's largest media brands and the world's largest TV streaming services. Wurl is the market leader in helping Video Producers distribute and monetize their content with scale, efficiency, and agility. Our network reaches +150 million TVs managing the distribution and monetization of hundreds of millions of hours of programming and billions of ads for Wurl customers. At Wurl, you will change what "TV" means for hundreds of millions of viewers around the world. This is a rare opportunity to be one of the first 100 employees for one of the fastest growing companies in Silicon Valley.
COVID Update: We are actively hiring for this position and have been operating as a fully distributed organization across the United States since Wurl started. We anticipate a future where we will be able to periodically gather as a company again, but we put the health and wellbeing of our employees (and their families) first.