As a Channel Scheduling Associate you will be responsible for the management of video content for some of the largest and most influential studios worldwide. Balancing both the scheduling and content management for streaming channels, the Channel Scheduling Associate day will never be quite the same. Reporting to our Scheduling Manager, this role must control the content rights availability, coordination of content with many studios, curate VOD deliveries and schedule content.
This role is perfect for someone has experience in the linear scheduling and asset management at a digital or traditional media company. Using that experience to jump to the next level of responsibility and help Wurl support its growing client base and ever-increasing channel launches. This position calls for someone who loves solving puzzles and proactively managing some of the best clients out there. Part of our newly demanded Channel Scheduling Team, this position will also work very closely with our Onboarding and Launch Operations to ensure timely delivery and launch of all channels and content.
What you will do:
- Coordinate content delivery with studios worldwide, including all associated assets (artwork, captions, metadata, etc.)
- Help manage a rights availability calendar with start and end dates and any other run limitations per market
- Collaborate closely with channel owners to implement any editorial programming choices needed
- Schedule VOD deliveries and Linear Schedules (24/7, 365) for several global channels
- Develop scalable processes to grow content management and scheduling to potentially hundreds of channels
- Work with Wurl Support to resolve any issues with content ingestion and delivery, or issues/improvements with Wurl’s cloud-based scheduling platform.
- Collaborate with the Scheduling team to produce reports for management and external partners related to info such as: upcoming content highlights, avail windows expiring this month, and other pertinent data
Who you are:
Our ideal candidate has directly relevant experience in a similar role and a similar type of company. In addition they should also possess the following skills/traits:
- Direct relevant experience in a similar role
- 1+ years experience in linear scheduling and asset management at a digital or traditional media company
- Expert project management and organizational skills
- Top-notch problem solving skills, with a knack for finding the solution by collaborating with both internal and external teams
- Comfortable with asserting requirements and deadlines internally and with the external stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
What We Offer
Wurl provides a competitive compensation and excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life/disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, 401(k), flexible schedules and HSA. We are a fun, creative and collaborative remote work environment, headquartered in Palo Alto, CA. We live our values (PASSION, OWNERSHIP, RESPECT, EXCELLANCE) everyday in how we work with one another and support our clients. Wurl is truly a unique place to learn, create and have a daily impact on millions of people every day.
Who We Are
The Wurl Network is at the center of two giant ecosystems - the world's largest media brands and the world's largest TV streaming services. Wurl is the market leader in helping Video Producers distribute and monetize their content with scale, efficiency, and agility. Our network reaches +150 million TVs managing the distribution and monetization of hundreds of millions of hours of programming and billions of ads for Wurl customers. At Wurl, you will change what "TV" means for hundreds of millions of viewers around the world. This is a rare opportunity to be one of the first 100 employees for one of the fastest growing companies in Silicon Valley.
COVID Update: We are actively hiring for this position and have been operating as a fully distributed organization across the United States since Wurl started. We anticipate a future where we will be able to periodically gather as a company again, but we put the health and wellbeing of our employees (and their families) first.