AdOps Software Development
Wurl is seeking an experienced, detail-oriented software developer that enjoys and has experience with a broad range of software technologies. We are not building a large, monolithic product. We are building a rapidly evolving service that’s composed of varied microservices that need to be managed, interfaced, and tracked. You will be part of a nimble team with immediate customer use of your code.
The ideal candidate is experienced with Agile processes, microservice architectures, python, service launch automation processes, and SaaS concepts. Experience with OTT video, ad insertion processes, big data, SQL, scripting languages, GIT, JIRA, Confluence, DataDog, Snowflake, AWS is advantageous but not mandatory.
- Contribute to Wurl’s growing Ad Operations and Data analysis teams.
- Develop tools that drive data analysis and decisions on ad performance
- Integrate and connect data from disparate sources to enhance profiling and alarming of ad tech infrastructure
- Deliver internal-automation and customer-facing features.
- 5+ years experience with python, other scripting languages, C, C++, Java, Golang.
- Understanding of professional coding practices, versioning systems, bug tracking, agile processes, etc.
- Experience with SaaS offerings: AWS preferred. Containerization, serverless processes, microservice architectures, etc.
- Big plus: experience with OTT streaming formats (HLS, DASH), SSAI architectures, ad management architectures.
What We Offer
Wurl provides a competitive compensation and excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life/disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, 401(k), flexible schedules and HSA. We are a fun, creative and collaborative remote work environment, headquartered in Palo Alto, CA. We live our values (PASSION, OWNERSHIP, RESPECT, EXCELLENCE) everyday in how we work with one another and support our clients. Wurl is truly a unique place to learn, create and have a daily impact on millions of people every day.
Who We Are
The Wurl Network is at the center of two giant ecosystems - the world's largest media brands and the world's largest TV streaming services. Wurl is the market leader in helping Video Producers distribute and monetize their content with scale, efficiency, and agility. Our network reaches +150 million TVs managing the distribution and monetization of hundreds of millions of hours of programming and billions of ads for Wurl customers. At Wurl, you will change what "TV" means for hundreds of millions of viewers around the world. This is a rare opportunity to be one of the first 100 employees for one of the fastest growing companies in Silicon Valley.
COVID Update: We are actively hiring for this position and have been operating as a fully distributed organization across the United States since Wurl started. We anticipate a future where we will be able to periodically gather as a company again, but we put the health and wellbeing of our employees (and their families) first.