About the Role
As the Marketing Manager, Corporate Communications, you will be responsible for all Wurl marketing. Owning the Wurl brand and corporate identity, you will work with our CEO and CRO to develop our marketing strategy to align with business objectives.
The Marketing Manager will leverage their industry experience and relationships in CTV, OTT and other video services channels to define, execute and obtain positive coverage across key markets worldwide. The ideal candidate will amplify Wurl’s public relations and marketing influence globally, but especially in the United States. Requiring a person who can tackle the day to day management of PR goals but also can interact with members of the print, online and technical media to drive positive articles, mentions and social commentary.
There is no part of marketing that is too small for this role and the ideal Marketing Manager oversees the planning, engagement, coordination and measurement of all media efforts for Wurl. The Marketing Manager will be held to meeting, ideally exceeding, quantitative and qualitative goals of the department. The ideal candidate is someone who knows how to tell the Wurl story, engage the Wurl customer, and sell the world on the Wurl future of connected television.
What you will do
- Develop global PR strategy.
- Lead and scale US media/public relations to achieve high-visibility, positive presence of Wurl in top tier and industry media. Eventually, expand a similar presence to the global stage.
- Develop corporate messaging to establish consistent delivery and positioning of Wurl.
- Participate in customer/product communications as needed.
- Develop and drive executive communications to elevate executive public profile and influence.
- Foster excellent media relations with/across broad and trade publications.
- Train, brief and advise Wurl spokespeople in preparation for media engagement.
- Lead US PR team strategy and execution in best-in-class corporate communication strategy.
- Maintain high-level of responsiveness for internal and external media inquiries and customer media collaboration.
- Develop and execute overall coordinated, enterprise-wide regional communications strategy.
- Provide strategic internal communications counsel, focused on fostering positive employee sentiment and engagement.
- Ensure communications strategies are informed by solid data analytics.
- Regular, predictable job attendance and execution to achievement/metrics.
- Coordinate with internal teams to develop product literature and related messaging for customers-facing presentation decks, web copy, and other marketing collateral.
- Manage social network messaging
- And more...
Who you are
- Experienced. 7-10+ years of experience in an agency or in-house PR role.
- Educated. Bachelor’s degree in communications, business, English, journalism, or another relevant field.
- Energy and Creativity. Energy and enthusiasm are your hallmarks. You think out-of-the-box and wow people with your interesting angles and quality work. You love the creative process and have a keen eye for stories that stick and help brand awareness and consistency of message/value proposition.
- Domain. Knowledge of traditional and digital news formats, newswires and social media. Strong personal experience in the Media & Entertainment industry, with particular exposure to streaming and OTT/CTV.
- Network. Candidates should bring a network of long term relationships with US-based marketing professionals in the entertainment and streaming industry, plus strong relationships with technology-focused writers in national business press. International press relationships are a plus.
- Excellent Communication. You know what to say and how to say it well. Exceptional writing skills, strong verbal communication, strong project management skills, and sound business judgment.
- Technically Savvy. You don’t shy away from opportunities to get into technology – and you can learn it quickly. Strong computer skills including the Google, Microsoft, and Apple applications/productivity tools, salesforce.com, and common social networking sites and data analytics.
- A True Team Player. You have a strong bias for action. You're a great team player, and you are a natural leader who is looking to develop across all dimensions; you know how to get the best results from yourself and others. Highly collaborative with an ability to work with leadership and the rest of the marketing team.
- You are a Recruiter! Wurl hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the industry!
What We Offer
Wurl provides a competitive compensation and excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life/disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, 401(k), flexible schedules and HSA. We are a fun, creative and collaborative remote work environment, headquartered in Palo Alto, CA. We live our values (PASSION, OWNERSHIP, RESPECT, EXCELLENCE) everyday in how we work with one another and support our clients. Wurl is truly a unique place to learn, create and have a daily impact on millions of people every day.
Who We Are
The Wurl Network is at the center of two giant ecosystems - the world's largest media brands and the world's largest TV streaming services. Wurl is the market leader in helping Video Producers distribute and monetize their content with scale, efficiency, and agility. Our network reaches +150 million TVs managing the distribution and monetization of hundreds of millions of hours of programming and billions of ads for Wurl customers. At Wurl, you will change what "TV" means for hundreds of millions of viewers around the world. This is a rare opportunity to be one of the first 100 employees for one of the fastest growing companies in Silicon Valley.
COVID Update: We are actively hiring for this position and have been operating as a fully distributed organization across the United States since Wurl started. We anticipate a future where we will be able to periodically gather as a company again, but we put the health and wellbeing of our employees (and their families) first.