Senior AdOps Engineer
Wurl is seeking an experienced, detail-oriented AdOps Engineer, to both contribute individually and grow into managing a small team of AdOps engineers. This role will own configuration, execution, monitoring, and evolution of the Wurl ad technology platform. The Solution Engineer should be familiar, and be able to interface with, the complete video ad insertion ecosystem: direct-sold and programmatic demand, DSP and SSP integration, campaign and inventory management, and ad splicing technology. Tasks will include onboarding new customers, debugging fill issues, optimizing campaigns, and solving partner ecosystem issues.
This role is directly responsible for digital campaign management as well as communicating with other departments, customers, and vendors to ensure campaign quality and performance.
What you will do:
- Manage Wurl’s AdPool demand and eventually all of Wurl’s AdTech operations.
- Interface with Wurl’s vendor ecosystem to ensure smooth and efficient operation of the end-to-end AdTech ecosystem.
- Troubleshoot fill-rate, use-rate, and render-rate issues.
- Interface with Wurl’s partner ecosystem to help them resolve ad insertion issues.
- Monitor crucial performance metrics for system health and propose solutions to scaling and inefficiency issues.
- Propose improvements to the architecture to improve monetization, including integrations with DMPs, methods for audience segmentation, and improved targeting methods.
- Own reconciliation processes with Demand sources.
Who we are looking for:
- 5+ years experience with solution definition, or product management in OTT video ad insertion; familiarity with video processing, OTT video distribution, and OTT streaming systems.
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in managing ad campaigns, digital video ingestion, and ad serving concepts (separation, frequency capping, blocking, . . . ).
- Hands-on experience managing AdOps on leading ad decision servers including SpringServe, DFP, Freewheel, SpotX, BeachFront, and Telaria.
- Experience with video inventory on OTT/ CTV platforms.
- Familiarity with DSPs, SSPs, Agency Trading Desks, and Private Marketplaces; understanding of best practices in monetizing ad revenue across partners/exchanges
- Familiarity with concepts such as cue insertion, transcoding, monetization analytics.
- Familiarity with VAST, VMAP, SCTE-35, and related ad insertion protocols.
- Proven history of forging strong, long-lasting relationships with senior executives and operational leaders.
- Experience and successful track record in creatively presenting complex concepts in an easily digestible manner to cross-functional teams, including Sales, Product, Engineering, and Executives.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
What We Offer
Wurl provides a competitive compensation and excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life/disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, 401(k), flexible schedules and HSA. We are a fun, creative and collaborative remote work environment, headquartered in Palo Alto, CA. We live our values (PASSION, OWNERSHIP, RESPECT, EXCELLANCE) everyday in how we work with one another and support our clients. Wurl is truly a unique place to learn, create and have a daily impact on millions of people every day.
Who We Are
The Wurl Network is at the center of two giant ecosystems - the world's largest media brands and the world's largest TV streaming services. Wurl is the market leader in helping Video Producers distribute and monetize their content with scale, efficiency, and agility. Our network reaches +150 million TVs managing the distribution and monetization of hundreds of millions of hours of programming and billions of ads for Wurl customers. At Wurl, you will change what "TV" means for hundreds of millions of viewers around the world. This is a rare opportunity to be one of the first 100 employees for one of the fastest growing companies in Silicon Valley.
COVID Update: We are actively hiring for this position and have been operating as a fully distributed organization across the United States since Wurl started. We anticipate a future where we will be able to periodically gather as a company again, but we put the health and wellbeing of our employees (and their families) first.