As Director of Customer Support, you will actively lead Wurl’s technical customer support team, acting as Tier1/Tier2 support for Video Producers and Video Services within the Wurl network.. You will own the process of how we serve our customers 24/7 across the World. Working with Channel Operations Director and SVP Operations, you will define communication strategies and influence the roadmap for how the Customer Support team supports internal process and external client initiatives.
Supporting both the product/service and the customer relationship, this role will build the support strategy of current products and services now and not yet built. Often collaborating with sales, technical managers, scheduling teams and engineering to be our customer’s partner and advocate and our front line defense for escalating issues.
Leveraging their direct OTT/CTV experience, the ideal candidate will jump in on day 1 and speak our customer’s language supporting both Video Producers and Video Services. This department is tripling in size in the first quarter and will require a person who knows how to manage and grow a developing team within a quickly moving startup environment. Ideally, this candidate will know how to support our product, service, internal teams and the Wurl customer.
What you will do
- Lead & manage a 24/7 support team responsible for customer communications and coordination related to streaming, advertising, ingestion, and all other Wurl functions
- Develop processes to scale Support Org to serve all timezones and product functions
- Work with Engineering Ops and other teams to develop hand offs, communication procedures, and escalation processes
- Create and implement 24/7 on call procedures and policies designed to support Wurl’s SLA obligations at all Severity Levels
- Serve as a point of escalation for all customer issues with the greater support team
- Work with Product and Engineering teams to plan, design, and implement new product functionality to enhance the customer experience and alleviate common support issues
- Manage a Customer Support Portal, adding new articles and FAQ’s to grow the ability for customers to Self Serve.
- Develop processes using a Zendesk ticketing system to communicate, route, triage, and resolve customer issues accordingly
- Understand Wurl’s end-to-end workflow to quickly resolve or escalate workflow issues
- Deescalate customers in order to satisfactorily address their support issue
- Assist the Customer Operations and Sales teams to promote customer success.
Who you are
- 7+ years experience in a technical support role in the digital video delivery space with experience running 24/7 support
- Strong experience in the media and entertainment industry, with particular exposure to streaming and OTT/CTV.
- Experience of ticketing systems and administration, especially ZenDesk and JIRA
- Knowledge of transcoding, video streaming file formats and video codecs
- Strong understanding of video delivery methods such as MRSS, S3 and SFTP
- Strong understanding of 24/7 linear delivery formats such as HLS, MPEG-TS, and RTMP and VOD/Schedule delivery as JSON, XML, MRSS and other standard formats
- Ability to read and understand metrics on monitoring dashboards related to Ad Performance, CDN Performance, HLS Errors, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially within a diverse global market.
- Strong organizational, time management, and problem solving skills
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
What We Offer
Wurl provides a competitive compensation and excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life/disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, 401(k), flexible schedules and HSA. We are a fun, creative and collaborative remote work environment, headquartered in Palo Alto, CA. We live our values (PASSION, OWNERSHIP, RESPECT, EXCELLANCE) everyday in how we work with one another and support our clients. Wurl is truly a unique place to learn, create and have a daily impact on millions of people every day.
Who We Are
The Wurl Network is at the center of two giant ecosystems - the world's largest media brands and the world's largest TV streaming services. Wurl is the market leader in helping Video Producers distribute and monetize their content with scale, efficiency, and agility. Our network reaches +150 million TVs managing the distribution and monetization of hundreds of millions of hours of programming and billions of ads for Wurl customers. At Wurl, you will change what "TV" means for hundreds of millions of viewers around the world. This is a rare opportunity to be one of the first 100 employees for one of the fastest growing companies in Silicon Valley.
COVID Update: We are actively hiring for this position and have been operating as a fully distributed organization across the United States since Wurl started. We anticipate a future where we will be able to periodically gather as a company again, but we put the health and wellbeing of our employees (and their families) first.