Ever dreamed of disrupting one of the biggest industries?
As an engineer at Wunder Mobility, you will change how people move. We create Wunder’s successful products to make sure millions of users get from A to B and come up with new solutions to solve urban mobility. Join one of the fastest growing European companies and let’s together build our team and culture to fulfill our vision: Being the best mobility tech company in the world.
We’d like to hire you as a Senior Backend Engineer (Elixir) to build beautiful, scalable, maintainable applications, learn and make friends in the process.
What will be your role
You work in a cross-functional, agile team alongside a product owner, developers, a designer and QA. Our in-house agile coach makes sure that your team gets all the support it needs to get faster quickly. Your team owns its processes and of course a part of the product. Proper testing is as important as clean, maintainable code, documentation and understanding the newest technologies and how they could help us. It all comes down to learning, teaching and building fast, beautiful software.
We love to facilitate discussions of high technical excellence within our team. Further, we apply domain-driven design principles and follow behavior-driven development. We are building a high-performance reactive microservices architecture.
Who you are
- B.S./M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
- 2+ years experience building large-scale backend systems - knowledge of Elixir
- Interest in the latest developments - excite your colleagues with knowledge about cutting-edge technologies
- Ability to articulate and discuss technical decisions
What gives you bonus points
- Experience with real-time, location-based systems
- Personal projects that show an aptitude for technical excellence or product sense
- Experience in end-to-end autonomous ownership of features
The Interview Process
Our engineering recruiting process:
- Your Application - TO DO
- Pre-Assessment - Three short tests on abstraction and conceptual knowledge. You can easily take them from home at a time of your choosing in about an hour.
- Coding Challenge - With the coding challenge, we assess your skills in coding and structuring
- Tech Lead Interview - In one or two interviews of about 90 min, we tell you about the company, product and teams. And of course, we assess your team fit
- Executive Interview - In this 30min interview you get to know somebody from our leadership team.
- Onsite interview - We put you and your future team together so you can get to know each other with hands-on coding and over lunch. Whether we do this step depends on how easy it is to get you on site.
Wunder has a lot of experience with relocation and visa process. Therefore we’re happy to take care of all of that for you.