Ever dreamt of disrupting one of the biggest and fastest growing industries? As part of the Wunder Team, you will! Wunder Mobility is one of the fastest growing mobility technology companies in Europe, with 170 employees of over 50 nationalities. Our HQ is in Hamburg with further presence in Dortmund, Germany and Los Angeles, California.
We are the only global company that conceptualizes and scales all variations of new mobility services as part of its technology solutions. Our products connect end-to-end services to create an ecosystem of sustainable mobility.
Join Wunder and together let’s build our team and culture to fulfill our vision of being the best mobility tech company in the world.
What your role will be
As Hardware Sourcing Manager (m/f/d), you will join our Vehicles & Hardware team at an exciting time of growth and development. You will be given the opportunity to shape the business unit by strategizing and improving our sourcing process for scooters, moped and bikes. Your goal will be sourcing cost-effective, high quality and reliable vehicles to support our clients in building their business.
What you will do
- Implement and continuously improve the sourcing process for micro-mobility vehicles with a strong focus on scooters, mopeds and bikes
- Understand, analyse and track market dynamics to identify and qualify suppliers
- Negotiate with external suppliers to secure favorable agreements
- Continually analyse and assess processes and expenditures to identify new sourcing strategies and other cost optimization opportunities
- Manage supplier portfolio and renegotiate terms when necessary
- Stay up to date on product developments to stay ahead in a fast-moving and competitive industry
What you bring to the table
- 2-5 years experience as a sourcing manager or procurement manager
- Demonstrated success sourcing complex products and building relationships with suppliers
- Previous experience working in a Chinese business environment
- Strong ability to collect, analyse and interpret data
- Strong negotiation, project management, leadership and communication skills
- Familiarity with sourcing and vendor management software
- Highly passionate and self-motivated with the ability to work independently
- Willingness to travel
- Fluency in Mandarin and English (verbal and written)
What gives you bonus points
- Experience working in a start-up environment
Joining the Wunder Team means...
...being part of a team that celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression. You will find yourself surrounded by talented people who are passionate about what they do and who feel empowered and trusted to take ownership in their roles. We are growing quickly in a challenging industry, which means we act smart and work at a high speed.
We are able to do this because of the agile, adaptive, and supportive environment we work in, with an aim to grow with people who share these values and are better than ourselves. As part of Wunder, every day is a new chance for you to make an impact and help us be better than we were yesterday.