Ever dreamt of disrupting one of the biggest and fastest growing industries? As part of the Wunder Team, you will! Wunder Mobility is one of the fastest growing mobility technology companies in Europe, with 170 employees of over 50 nationalities. Our HQ is in Hamburg, Germany with further presence in Dortmund, Germany and Los Angeles, California.
We are the only global company that conceptualizes and scales all variations of new mobility services as part of its technology solutions. Our products connect end-to-end services to create an ecosystem of sustainable mobility.
Join Wunder and together let’s build our team and culture to fulfill our vision of being the best mobility tech company in the world.
What your role will be
We’d like to hire you as a Senior Backend Engineer (nodeJS) (m/f/d) to build beautiful, scalable, maintainable applications, learn and make friends in the process. You will work in a cross-functional, agile team alongside a product owner, developers, a designer and QA. Our in-house agile coach makes sure that your team gets all the support it needs to get faster quickly. Your team owns its processes and of course a part of the product. Proper testing is as important as clean, maintainable code, documentation and understanding the newest technologies and how they could help us. It all comes down to learning, teaching and building fast, beautiful software.
We love to facilitate discussions of high technical excellence within our team. Further, we apply domain-driven design principles and follow behavior-driven development. We are building a high-performance reactive microservices architecture.
What we did recently
- Developed the shuttle product as an integrated software solution for all “shuttle-on-demand services”
- Refactored our codebase to support our future product strategy
- Established BDD in the team, driving all development by tests
What you will do
- Expand the product to shape the way people experience mobility
- Evolve our system towards microservices, enabling product growth
- Collaborate with your peers in other teams to form a Community of Practice
What you bring to the table
- 3+ years experience building large-scale backend systems
- Very good knowledge of node.js
- Strong experience of Typescript
- First steps into GraphQL
- Interest in the latest developments and desire to share your knowledge about cutting-edge technologies
- Ability to articulate and discuss technical decisions
What gives you bonus points
- B.S./M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience with real-time, location-based systems
- Personal projects that show an aptitude for technical excellence or product sense
- Experience in end-to-end autonomous ownership of features
Joining the Wunder Team means…
...being part of a team that celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression. You will find yourself surrounded by talented people who are passionate about what they do and who feel empowered and trusted to take ownership in their roles. We are growing quickly in a challenging industry, which means we act smart and work at a high speed.
We are able to do this because of the agile, adaptive, and supportive environment we work in, with an aim to grow with people who share these values and are better than ourselves. As part of Wunder, every day is a new chance for you to make an impact and help us be better than we were yesterday.