Ever dreamt of disrupting one of the biggest and fastest growing industries? As part of the Wunder Team, you will! Wunder Mobility is one of the fastest growing mobility technology companies in Europe, with 150 employees of over 30 nationalities. Our HQ is in Hamburg with further presence in San Francisco, Tokyo, Manila, Delhi, and Rio de Janeiro.
We are the only global company that conceptualizes and scales all variations of new mobility services as part of its technology solutions. Our products connect end-to-end services to create an ecosystem of sustainable mobility.
Join Wunder and together let’s build our team and culture to fulfill our vision of being the best mobility tech company in the world.
What your role will be
As Senior QA Automation Engineer, you will join our team in Dortmund to focus your expertise on our vehicle free floating SaaS product, Wunder Fleet. You are responsible for leading system verification testing activities, and maintaining and implementing the testing methods and procedures necessary for the verification of this product. You will be responsible for ensuring our platform and features meet our customers’ requirements and our quality standards, at various stages in its development.
You help us move one step closer to becoming the best mobility tech company in the world by ensuring our products are fast, reliable, and scalable.
What you will do
- Work with developers and product managers to help clarify business requirements and raise concerns with suggestions for possible solutions
- Identify and create detailed test case scenarios for manual and automated tests
- Work closely with the software engineers to create a testing strategy by involving yourself early in the feature development processes to help anticipate bugs
- Perform testing of new features as they are developed
- Participate in the manual part of our regression test
- Automate the regression test according to backend needs
- Reproduce bugs reported by customers or caught in logs
- Use defect tracking tools to log, track and refine issues
- Communicate progress and results of testing to the team and stakeholders
- Generate metrics related to the results for cycles of testing, such as automation coverage
What you bring to the table
- 4+ years of experience as a Software QA Engineer, with a minimum of 2 years experience testing mobile applications and its APIs
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Knowledge of backend services development and underlying infrastructure concepts like horizontal scaling, high availability
- Ability to coach others about quality assurance processes and concepts
- Experience with REST API tests
- Automation for REST API experience using HTTParty, RestAssured or similar
- Experience designing test cases for new features and for bugs found in the field
- Attention to detail and ability to identify, isolate, reproduce and document defects
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Fluency in English (German is a plus)
What gives you bonus points
- Experience with Trello and BitBucket
- Previous experience in the mobility industry
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Experience with PHP development
- Experience with Git version control system
Joining the Wunder team means...
...being part of a team that celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression. You will find yourself surrounded by talented people who are passionate about what they do and who feel empowered and trusted to take ownership in their roles. We are growing quickly in a challenging industry, which means we act smart and work at a high speed.
We are able to do this because of the agile, adaptive, and supportive environment we work in, with an aim to grow with people who share these values and are better than ourselves. As part of Wunder, every day is a new chance for you to make an impact and help us be better than we were yesterday.
Who we are
Wunder enables communities, individuals and companies to launch and scale mobility services efficiently. To learn quickly and move fast, we have three products that we market globally:
Carpool: Solve traffic in the world’s most gridlocked cities through carpooling.
Shuttle: Create a compelling complementary solution to traditional public transportation.
Fleet: Enable fleet operators to share any type of vehicle efficiently.
Our Vision is to be the best mobility tech company.
We are the only software company hosting the full stack of new mobility solutions and operates as a technology provider for cities and communities, promoting the digitization of public transport. Transport companies and companies from the automotive industry in Europe, Latin America, and Asia are currently using Wunder’s technology.
What makes us different
- Join a community! We do not only share vehicles, some of our employees even share their flat with each other. You will find it very easy to find connections - we go out at night, we host events to support the community and we want you to help shape the community as well. Whether you are into board games or whiskey, feel free to create internal events and share great experiences.
- We make a difference, environmentally and socially! We reduce traffic and the CO2 emissions in cities by offering an easy-to-use solution for carpooling, car sharing, bike sharing, and even scooter sharing. We also offer a solution for commuters with corporate shuttle services as one of our latest core services.
- We are a well-financed and one of the fastest growing organizations in Europe! We constantly expand our product reach internationally. In September 2018 Wunder Mobility raised $30 million in Series B funding led by KCK Group, as well as Silicon Valley-based Blumberg Capital among other investors.
Our recruitment process:
- Your application is reviewed
- Pre-Assessment - One test consisting of three parts, on abstraction and conceptual knowledge. You can easily take these at home in about one hour at a time of your choosing.
- Coding Challenge
- Technical Interview - In one interview, we discuss your challenge and technical knowledge
- Onsite Visit (can be virtual depending on your location and availability) - three hour visit where we put you and your future team together to get to know each other, explore our offices and interview with one of our founders
Wunder is very experienced with relocation and visa processes and we’re happy to take care of all of that for you.