Ever dreamt of disrupting one of the biggest and fastest growing industries? As part of the Wunder Team, you will! Wunder Mobility is one of the fastest growing mobility technology companies in Europe, with 150 employees of over 30 nationalities. Our HQ is in Hamburg with further presence in Dortmund.
We are the only global company that conceptualizes and scales all variations of new mobility services as part of its technology solutions. Our products connect end-to-end services to create an ecosystem of sustainable mobility.
Join Wunder and together let’s build our team and culture to fulfill our vision of being the best mobility tech company in the world.
What your role will be
You work as technology lead for our Android chapter. You coach and develop engineers who are distributed across cross-functional, agile teams. For Android, you are responsible to guarantee high quality across the whole company. Proper testing is as important as clean, maintainable code, documentation, and understanding the newest technologies and how they could help us. It all comes down to learning, teaching and building fast, beautiful software.
We use Kotlin and libraries such as RxJava, RxBindings and Koin. Further, we follow Clean Architecture and MVP/MVI as our architectural patterns.
What we did recently
- Improved offline capabilities with smart client-side caching
- Split a monolithic application into a multi module project
- Allow drivers to fine tune their routes and pickup points
What you’ll do
- Lead and mentor a chapter of talented software engineers
- Oversee and support your team with splitting our code base into multiple modules
- Build a highly collaborative environment and facilitate knowledge sharing
- Further automate the build and release pipeline
What you bring to the table
- 8+ years total development experience (minimum 3 years with Android)
- Experience in leading, managing, coaching and mentoring software developers towards building maintainable, high-quality software
- Proficiency in Kotlin
- Interest in the latest Android developments - excite your colleagues with knowledge about cutting-edge technologies
What gives you bonus points
- Experience shipping one or more Android apps - ideally currently available in the Google Play Store
- Personal projects that show an aptitude for technical excellence or product sense
- Experience in functional programming
Joining the Wunder Team means...
...being part of a team that celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression. You will find yourself surrounded by talented people who are passionate about what they do and who feel empowered and trusted to take ownership in their roles. We are growing quickly in a challenging industry, which means we act smart and work at a high speed.
We are able to do this because of the agile, adaptive, and supportive environment we work in, with an aim to grow with people who share these values and are better than ourselves. As part of Wunder, every day is a new chance for you to make an impact and help us be better than we were yesterday.