About the Role
As the Senior Demo Engineer within the sales engineering organization, you will be working in a fast-paced role with a huge impact in how we interact with our customers. If you are interested in working with a cross-functional set of stakeholders, being hands-on in the collaborative planning process, writing and creation of demonstrations, this position is made for you. Wrike is looking for a creative, value-focused, technical Senior Demo Engineer to create demo assets (both written scripts and actual demo environments using Wrike products) which will be used throughout the sales process.
Your responsibilities will include three primary areas:
- First, working with the product organization to create demonstrations while new features are being developed
- Second, working with the sales engineering team to create new demonstrations for our sales efforts which may include new vertical specific demos, horizontal demos, and additional demo assets
- Third, curate existing demos and make minor or major updates to those demo assets to ensure they meet evolving market demands. You will also make determinations on when to retire specific demo assets.
In addition to these three major items, there are many minor items that fold into these three top-level goals, including:
- Being the primary interface with the demo infrastructure team to ensure the sales organization has access to all the current demo assets.
- Working with cross functional teams and taking responsibility for communicating with all parties to ensure full coordination across all organizations.
- You will also become an expert in the Wrike solutions and will be called upon to help when the going gets tough within our sales cycles.
- Your expertise will be put to the test as you work cross-functionally as you interact with sales, competitive, marketing, product teams and frequently with customers to ensure demo objectives are met.
Your expectations should include the following:
- Writing demo scripts and updating existing demo assets (40%)
- Working with sales, product and product marketing in preparing for new features (20%)
- Discussing demo status and keeping stakeholders up to date, particularly sales (15%)
- Building demo systems (integrations, customizing demos, collecting feedback) (15%)
- Training, certifying, and other enablement work (10%)
Through all of this, you must not lose focus on the goal of these demos which is to make Wrike personnel effective at showing and discussing the value of our unique Collaborative Work Management platform and how it helps our customers achieve their best work, ultimately delivering revenue to Wrike.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent degree or work experience
- Experienced (5+ years) in creating and delivering demos to sales organizations or direct to customers
- Well versed in discussing value and focusing on how successful customers utilize Wrike to create positive business outcomes
- Understand how to work in an Agile environment (both for the written script, and in the iterative development of the demo itself)
- Integration experience using API frameworks
- Exceptional communication, both written and verbal including the ability to visually convey complex business value
- Industry experience in marketing, professional services, or PMO a plus
Perks & Benefits
At Wrike, you’ll benefit from unlimited PTO, medical & dental care, commuter benefits, daily catered meals & snacks galore, team off-sites & happy hours.
Wrike is committed to creating and maintaining a diverse and inclusive space where our employees can thrive. We welcome all persons in to the Wrike family, embracing the diversity of racial and ethnic identity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, family status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status and any other protected status.