Wrike is a collaborative work management platform that unifies systems and transforms the way teams plan, manage, and complete work. The Wrike platform is the digital workplace for the enterprise and partner of choice for 18,000 organizations and 2M+ users worldwide. Our mission is to enable Operational Excellence by bringing out the best in teams and connecting work with business results.
Wrike has been recognized as one of the fastest growing companies in North America on Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™list for the last three years and has been named Leader in the Forrester Wave™ report for Collaborative Work Management Tools for the Enterprise in 2016 and 2018. Our headquarters is in Downtown San Jose, California and we have several international offices, including our EMEA HQ in Dublin, Ireland. Wrike has been named a “Top Workplace” by the Bay Area News Group for the last four years and has earned similar accolades from the San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal.
We are looking for a BI Reports Specialist to join our EMEA Professional Services team. The BI Reports Specialist will be responsible for collecting BI reporting requirements and develop reports in either Wrike Analyse or existing BI tools available with our customers together with our team of Professional Services Consultants and Solutions Architects..
On any given day, you’ll be doing one, or all, of these things:
- Along with the CS/PS engage with customers to gather and define BI Reports requirements.
- Translate business requirements into specifications that will be used to implement the required reports and dashboards, created from multiple data sources.
- Convert customer’s legacy reports to Wrike Analyze dashboards and formulas.
- Integrate BI solutions (e.g. Wrike Analyze/Power BI/Tableau) with data sources (via APIs or at rest).
- Design, build, test and deploy BI Reports/Dashboards.
- Run UAT and handover session with customers.
- Provide technical assistance and deliver trainings to customers and team members.
- Must be able to perform duties with moderate to low supervision.
- Extend ETL processes and prepare data for reporting..
- Excellent interpersonal (verbal and written) communication skills are required to support customers in project environments that includes internal, external and customer teams.
- Senior-level SQL proficiency; Efficiently write production-grade SQL code.
- Experience in enterprise relational databases like PostgreSQL or Oracle (administration or database-side programming level).
- Master of ETL and experience with any general purpose scripting language (we use Python and Ruby internally among other);
- Performance tuning experience related to reporting queries is required.
- Proficiency with Power BI, or Tableau, SiSense products suite (Reporting, Query Editor, etc.), Google Data Studio.
- Excellent in data integration issues (validation and cleaning), familiarity with complex data and structures.
- Knowledge of web APIs and solid understanding of how distributed web applications work.
A strong candidate for this role looks like this:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, or Statistics
- 3+ years experience as a data analyst or similar role including customer facing responsibilities.
- Proven analytical skills, including data mining, evaluation, analysis, and visualization
- Technical writing experience in relevant areas, including queries, reports, and presentations
- Very good personal organization and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Happy to dive into technical discussions as needed and have a desire to learn new technologies including Wrike
- Passionate about personal and team productivity
- Experience on Java development or frontend stack, or working with technologies like Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Oozie, Map Reduce, Spark, Sqoop, Kafka, Flume, etc. is a plus
- Experience working with distributed data stack like Nifi/Talend/Scribe/Fluentd, Hadoop/Spark, and general knowledge of NoSQL databases is a plus
- Good people skills: genuine, warm, positive, engaging, friendly, empathic, deals tactfully when under pressure with difficult interpersonal situations.
Possess qualities that make a good Wriker:
- Critical thinker, generally curious—a true problem solver
- Passionate about learning and improving every day, and motivated to excel
- Open to feedback; coachable
- Strong team player
- Self-starter with strong ownership skills, willing to go above and beyond the job description
- Creative and innovative