Location UK: London or Manchester
Reporting to Project Director
Direct report(s) one
A bit about the role …
Reporting into the Project Director you will manage global meetings, events and congress participation for our pharmaceutical clients. You will ensure each event is profitable, compliant and meet clients and team's expectations. You will be responsible for all logistical elements and budget management and be supported by a Project Executive who will manage the attendee participation.
This role can be based in either our London or Manchester offices with hybrid working within the UK and includes national and international travel.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package to you including volunteer days, 29 days holiday with an option to buy/sell, company pension, life insurance and many other benefits.
What will you be doing …
- Manage all venues and associated logistical arrangements including congress attendance and business centre, dinners and breakouts and housing blocks and attrition
. Manage congress sponsorship activity on behalf of your client including approval process, liaison with client contracting team and booth providers
- Manage and co-ordinate client requirements with all 3rd party suppliers/internal service providers (DMC, MedEd, Print & Design, Production, AV and travel) where required
- Produce, manage and circulate important communications e.g., weekly status reports to all main meeting partners
- Travel on-site to conduct site inspections including planning meetings with all suppliers and for delivery of the event
- Manage post event metric reporting
- Manage all F&B requirements
Client Liaison and Development:
- Deliver first class customer service following clients goals
- Identify new opportunities for our business development by applying an understanding of client's businesses and products
- Plan, attend and implement client planning meetings – face-to-face, hybrid and virtual including debriefs
- Responsible for the preparation and maintenance of budgets, throughout the lifecycle of each event including approving invoices
- Ensure financial tracking of each event and conduct regular 'health checks' to ensure positive cash flow
- Maximise profitability of projects operated – including supplier negotiation and up-selling of additional services to clients
- Accomplish scope management – to identify and charge clients for out-of-scope activities
- Track cost avoidance / saving measures
- Ensure compliance with company and client invoicing processes
- Responsible for the preparation and maintenance of congress cross charge budgets, throughout the lifecycle of each event
- Oversee the completion of the transfer of value (ToV) reporting process by Project Executives
- To work with appropriate support departments to ensure the delivery of client measurables
- Assist new starters by taking on the role of 'Buddy'
- Apply our mission, vision and values
- Display an understanding of compliance, including ABPI and Pharma Guidelines
- Comply with all company and client procedures
- Maintain good long-term relationships with hotels, venues and suppliers, to ensure the best value for money for your clients
- Demonstrate a knowledge of our range of services
- Be an ambassador for the agency
What you will have …
- Organiser with 3+ years event management delivery of corporate events
- Event agency experience preferred
- Previous experience managing events internationally
- Experience managing event budgets from initial budget, through revisions and reconciliation
- Client liaison skills
- Team motivator and professional team member
- A focus on accuracy, detail, consistency and dedicated to customer service
- Intermediate Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets)
A bit about us ….
WRG is a global experience agency who specialise in creating experiences that inspire the lasting change the world needs. Across live, virtual and hybrid events and environments, we create 1,400+ experiences around the world each year for organisations solving the world's biggest challenges.
Inizio Engage XD (formerly known as The Creative Engagement Group) is an unusually shaped communications group that creates experiences that inspire lasting change. We partner with clients to provide employee engagement, learning and training solutions, scientific engagement and capability building, all underpinned by applied behavioural science. We engage internal and external audiences through the delivery of live and virtual experiences, film, digital, and immersive content.
Our family of brands is made up of: Ashfield Event Experiences; Axiom; Cormis; Forty1; LogicEarth and WRG.
Inizio Engage is a strategic, commercial and creative engagement partner that specialises in healthcare. Our passionate, global workforce augments local expertise and diverse mix of skills with data, science and technology to provide custom engagement solutions that help clients reimagine how they engage with their patients, payers, people and providers to improve treatment outcomes.
Don't meet every job requirement? That's okay! Our company is dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. If you're excited about this role, but your experience doesn't perfectly fit every qualification, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right person for this role or others.