Our mission at Wrapbook is to increase the prosperity of the project economy. A significant shift has occurred within the workforce recently and 50M Americans are now engaged in freelance or project-based work. The popularity of project based employment has introduced flexibility for both employers and employees but also added complexities from a compensation and administrative standpoint. Our vertical fintech platform enables companies to seamlessly onboard, pay and insure their workforces.
We're building the best product for the entertainment industry but operate in a 50B market and have big goals we want to achieve. With over 130M USD raised from Tiger Global Management, Andreessen Horowitz, Equal Ventures, Uncork Capital, Jeffrey Katzenberg and CAA co-founder Michael Ovitz, we are at an exciting stage of growth and there isn't a better time to join!
The Opportunity – Staff Platform Systems Engineer (Remote - USA / Canada)
Wrapbook is looking for a Senior Systems Engineer (Platform Engineering) who will play a hands-on role in driving our mission to build an outstanding technology company. You will be one of the founding members of our platform team, collaborating with our product and security engineers to define and build the foundations of Wrapbook.
What you'll Do:
- Help define the technical direction for the Platform Engineering team.
- Collaborate with other systems engineers, developers, and security experts to provide elegant solutions to Wrapbook engineers' problems.
- Break down complex problems and ambiguous requirements into small approachable tasks.
- Take ownership of project delivery from concept to production.
- Review and have your code reviewed.
- Mentor and learn from other engineers.
- Ensure code and infrastructure is well-tested and well-architected.
- Actively improve our tools, processes and best practices.
What you’ll Have:
- You have at least six years of experience building cloud infrastructure.
- You have experience with AWS, Kubernetes, and Terraform.
- You have an interest in building for engineer productivity and happiness.
- You have a desire to mentor less experienced engineers.
Nice to have:
- You have experience with web frameworks, particularly Ruby on Rails.
- You have experience with PostgreSQL.
Our Infrastructure Stack:
- GitHub Actions
Our Application Stack:
- Full stack Ruby on Rails (Frontend & Backend)
Why Join Us:
At Wrapbook, creativity meets technology — and not just in the product.
In addition to a competitive salary and all the benefits you can expect from a fast-growing technology company, you’ll get access to a team of creative problem solvers and the chance to see your contributions make large impacts Benefits include:
- Minimum Time Off: Everyone is encouraged to take at least 3 weeks off annually. An easy way to remember this policy is "take what you need, check with your lead". It's really that simple.
- Stock Options
- 401k and RRSP - Matching up to 4%
- Work from anywhere in Canada and USA
- Health and Dental benefits
- $1500 budget for IT set up for your home (Desk, Chair etc)
- Learning and Development Allowance
Our Pledge to Fostering an Inclusive and Safe Workplace:
Wrapbook pledges to be a harassment- and discrimination-free space for everyone, regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, nationality, neurotype, personal appearance, political affiliation, professional background, race, religion, or sexual identity or orientation.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our Talent team will be in touch with you shortly!