Our mission at Wrapbook is to increase the prosperity of the project economy. A significant shift has occurred within the workforce recently and 50M Americans are now engaged in freelance or project-based work. The popularity of project based employment has introduced flexibility for both employers and employees but also added complexities from a compensation and administrative standpoint. Our vertical fintech platform enables companies to seamlessly onboard, pay and insure their workforces.
We’re building the best product for the entertainment industry but operate in a 50B market and have big goals we want to achieve. With over 130M raised from Tiger Global, Andreessen Horowitz, Equal Ventures, Uncork Capital, Jeffrey Katzenberg and CAA co-founder Michael Ovitz, we are at an exciting stage of growth and there isn’t a better time to join!
The Opportunity - Senior Product Designer (Remote - USA / CANADA)
The product design team at Wrapbook is responsible for crafting the delightful experiences that creative production teams and workers benefit from every day. We're building a collaborative group of designers who are relentlessly user-focused and believe in building long-term value, not short-term hacks. We do that strategically through talking directly with our customers, conducting research, analyzing data, and collaborating with thoughtfulness and respectful critique, to discover needs, and solve problems that enable our users to focus more of their time on their creative pursuits - not tedious paperwork.
As a senior product designer, and an early member on the design team at a fast scaling, venture-backed startup, you will get to carve out a vision for where this product goes, as well as the iterative path for us to get there while we learn and measure along the way. You will deeply internalize the needs and mindset of Wrapbook users through conversations directly with customers, quantitative data, as well as insights provided by the broader customer success and sales teams. You will collaborate early and often with your cross-functional partners, and will use your product design and communication skills to produce and advocate for the best design solution for our users.
This is the role for you if you:
- Love to craft engaging and usable experiences.
- Excited to apply your superior UX, IA, visual design, and problem solving abilities.
- You balance your passion for great design with a highly analytical nature.
- You have an "anything is possible" mindset when faced with highly ambiguous and complex problems.
- You're proud of your work, your skills and expertise but you're not cynical, inflexible.
- You love being part of a highly collaborative and high-energy team that isn't afraid to exceed expectations even on tactical projects.
- You are an influencer who doesn't hold your ideas as precious and who iterates quickly, based on data, and delivers recommendations and analysis that tell the story of the customer experience we are delivering.
- Someone who thinks in terms of journeys, not screens.
What you’ll Do:
- Use business requirements, usability findings and market research to develop scenarios, use cases, and high-level requirements.
- Create user-centered designs by considering market analysis, customer feedback, site metrics, and usability findings.
- Design conceptual wireframes, high-fidelity mockups, information architecture diagrams, interaction specifications, and functional prototypes.
- Partner with Product and Engineering, and collaborate on your ideas.
- Communicate your design decisions to your peers in Design and to the leadership team.
- Work closely with your Product and Engineering partners to ensure that the design vision is being honored as the timeline progresses and context evolves (new customer insights, tech limits, priority changes) until it launches.
- Close the loop on your live designs with testing and iteration.
We think you'll be an amazing fit for this position if your application can demonstrate:
- 8+ years of design experience
- 5+ years delivering experience design solutions as a UX designer (interaction design + visual design + information architecture).
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating great end-to-end, user-centered design solutions and patterns, across desktop and mobile devices.
- Ability to work gracefully in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills including the ability to communicate complex, interactive design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
- Proficiency designing and prototyping with a variety of tools such as Figma, Principle, Sketch, or similar.
- PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience designing customer facing products across platforms.
- Experience working in financial services, payroll, accounting, or the entertainment industry.
- Capacity to own and drive the design process by independently defining requirements, scoping projects and prioritizing tasks.
- Talent for crafting imaginative and innovative design solutions while maintaining user expectations through pattern consistency and interaction harmony.
- Comprehensive understanding of the current state of web and mobile technology and best practices.
- Practical knowledge of user-centered design methodologies, usability principles, web-based information architecture and design.
- Demonstrated visual design expertise with a masterful understanding of color theory, typography and an ability to produce fresh, simple, elegant layouts interactions and iconography.
Why Join Us
At Wrapbook, creativity meets technology — and not just in the product.
In addition to a competitive salary and all the benefits you can expect from a fast-growing technology company, you’ll get access to a team of creative problem solvers and the chance to see your contributions make large impacts. Benefits include:
- Minimum Time Off: Everyone is encouraged to take at least 3 weeks off annually. An easy way to remember this policy is "take what you need, check with your lead". It's really that simple.
- Work from anywhere in Canada and USA
- Health and Dental benefits
- Up to $1500 towards IT set up for your home
- Up to 4% matching RRSP / 401K
- Learning and Development Allowance
- $150 monthly lifestyle benefits
Our Pledge to Fostering an Inclusive and Safe Workplace:
Wrapbook pledges to be a harassment- and discrimination-free space for everyone, regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, nationality, neurotype, personal appearance, political affiliation, professional background, race, religion, or sexual identity or orientation.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our Talent team will be in touch with you shortly!