Our mission at Wrapbook is to increase the prosperity of the project economy. A significant shift has occurred within the workforce recently and 50M Americans are now engaged in freelance or project-based work. The popularity of project based employment has introduced flexibility for both employers and employees but also added complexities from a compensation and administrative standpoint. Our vertical fintech platform enables companies to seamlessly onboard, pay and insure their workforces.
We're building the best product for the entertainment industry but operate in a 50B market and have big goals we want to achieve. With over 130M USD raised from Tiger Global Management, Andreessen Horowitz, Equal Ventures, Uncork Capital, Jeffrey Katzenberg and CAA co-founder Michael Ovitz, we are at an exciting stage of growth and there isn't a better time to join!
The Opportunity – Senior Staff Software Engineer - Ruby on Rails (Remote - USA / Canada)
Wrapbook is looking for a Senior Staff Engineer (Ruby on Rails) who will play a hands-on role in driving our mission to build an outstanding technology company. You will be responsible for technical leadership varying from single teams, across teams or building new teams, providing mentorship and helping engineering execute on Wrapbook’s strategic priorities.
What you'll Do:
- Establish the core architecture roadmap for our product and partner with the cross-functional teams to take the product/ features to market
- Leading/contributing to high-impact tech initiatives that shape how developers write and ship code, often across teams.
- Design and build advanced infrastructure enabling fast iteration.
- Improve the overall development process by identifying gaps or inefficiencies in workflows and suggesting solutions.
- Evangelizing and driving the adoption of best practices across the organization in code health, testability, maintainability, scalability.
- Implement and automate development best practices and strategies across the organization.
- Develop and track key metrics for engineering performance, drive their improvement over time, and communicate their status.
- Provide technical expertise throughout the product life cycle including design, implementation, and delivery of scalable build/test/release infrastructure.
- Define the strategy and roadmap for the adoption of developer tools and test infrastructure across Engineering organization.
- Collaborate with leadership and key stakeholders on a regular basis.
What you’ll Have:
- 10+ years of experience in building production web application (Agile or Lean environment)
- At least three years of experience as a tech lead or team lead
- Provides technical leadership across multiple projects, teams and disciplines
- Experience in building Ruby on Rails applications and APIs
- Understanding of how to write, analyze and optimize SQL queries (PostgreSQL is a plus)
- Attention to details, customer centric approach and value for quality
- Understanding of when it's appropriate to incur technical debt and when to pay it down
Our Tech Stack:
- Full stack Ruby on Rails (Frontend & Backend)
Why Join Us:
At Wrapbook, creativity meets technology — and not just in the product.
In addition to a competitive salary and all the benefits you can expect from a fast-growing technology company, you’ll get access to a team of creative problem solvers and the chance to see your contributions make large impacts Benefits include:
- Minimum Time Off: Everyone is encouraged to take at least 3 weeks off annually. An easy way to remember this policy is "take what you need, check with your lead". It's really that simple.
- Work from anywhere in Canada and USA
- Health and Dental benefits
- IT set up for your home
- 401k and RRSP
- Learning and Development Allowance
Our Pledge to Fostering an Inclusive and Safe Workplace:
Wrapbook pledges to be a harassment- and discrimination-free space for everyone, regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, nationality, neurotype, personal appearance, political affiliation, professional background, race, religion, or sexual identity or orientation.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our Talent team will be in touch with you shortly!