Our mission at Wrapbook is to increase the prosperity of the project economy. A significant shift has occurred within the workforce recently and 50M Americans are now engaged in freelance or project-based work. The popularity of project based employment has introduced flexibility for both employers and employees but also added complexities from a compensation and administrative standpoint. Our vertical fintech platform enables companies to seamlessly onboard, pay and insure their workforces.
We’re building the best product for the entertainment industry but operate in a 50B market and have big goals we want to achieve. With over 30M raised from Andreessen Horowitz, Equal Ventures, Uncork Capital, Jeffrey Katzenberg and CAA co-founder Michael Ovitz, we are at an exciting stage of growth and there isn’t a better time to join!
The Opportunity - Manager, Design & Research (Remote - USA / CANADA)
We are looking for an inspiring Manager, Design & Research to lead our team at Wrapbook. This is the role for you if you are a role model, mentor, and motivator of other designers. You are invested in growing people, developing talent, and creating an environment designers are proud to be part of.
You bring deep expertise in UX design (frameworks, interaction models, prototypes, research). You’re a systems thinker who identifies and abstracts repeatable design patterns and guidance. You are able to frame designs in the context of the broader customer experience, and are equally comfortable diving into the details.
You use data to inform your decisions, weigh the impact and tradeoffs of decisions, and seek input where needed to drive alignment. You draw upon your expertise and design process to create structure. You proactively plan ahead, look around corners, and can see the next step (even when it doesn’t exist yet).
You earn the trust of peers, leaders, cross-functional stakeholders, and partners. You are right a lot, but also humble. You look at opportunities and issues from all sides, form a point-of-view, advocate for what you believe in, and bring people along with you. You are a compelling communicator, facilitator, and presenter: You have excellent verbal, written, and visual communication skills.
What you’ll Do:
- Create the vision for developing, communicating, and implementing the user experience design and research for Product.
- Develop and implement the process and infrastructure to implement the vision.
- Lead a team of product designers to create useful, usable, and desirable products in a team environment.
- Guide teams to understand customers and their needs through market analysis, customer research, and feedback.
- Help the design team with planning, prioritizing, and overseeing initiatives; manage projects; ensure that all designs are executed on time and at the highest quality levels; manage and scope team initiatives, set priorities, and direct the team to ensure timely delivery.
We think you'll be an amazing fit for this position if your application can demonstrate:
- 8+ years of design experience.
- 3+ experience managing teams.
- A portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating user-centered design solutions, and building and managing design teams with vision.
- Experience presenting to and influencing senior executive level management.
- Experience measuring the impact of your work against key business and customer experience goals.
- Experience with research methodologies and turning customer feedback into actionable findings.
- Excellent written and visual communication skills; ability to succinctly communicate complex ideas.
- Proficiency in design tools such as Figma, Principle, Sketch, Photoshop, or similar.
- Experience designing for mobile devices, using and contributing to design systems.
- Visual design expertise demonstrated through mockups, prototypes, and style guides.
- Familiarity with design systems and using global components for page design.
Why Join Us
At Wrapbook, creativity meets technology — and not just in the product.
In addition to a competitive salary and all the benefits you can expect from a fast-growing technology company, you’ll get access to a team of creative problem solvers and the chance to see your contributions make large impacts. Benefits include:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Work from anywhere in Canada and USA
- Health and Dental Benefits
- Up to $1500 towards IT set up for your home
- Up to 4% matching RRSP / 401K
- Learning and Development Allowance
- $150 Monthly Lifestyle Benefits
Our Pledge to Fostering an Inclusive and Safe Workplace:
Wrapbook pledges to be a harassment- and discrimination-free space for everyone, regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, nationality, neurotype, personal appearance, political affiliation, professional background, race, religion, or sexual identity or orientation.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our Talent team will be in touch with you shortly!