For employers and project-based workforces who work in media production, Wrapbook provides digital profiles that facilitate onboarding, paying and insuring workforces compliantly. Unlike traditional payroll, Wrapbook is easy to use, fast to wrap, and costs less.
The Opportunity – Lead Ruby on Rails Engineer
Wrapbook is looking for a Lead Software Engineer (Ruby on Rails Engineer) who will play a hands-on role in driving our mission to build an outstanding technology company. You will be working as part of a cross-functional team, driving our core features from start to finish.
What you'll Do:
- Leading/contributing to high-impact tech initiatives that shape how developers write and ship code.
- Design and build advanced infrastructure enabling fast iteration.
- Improve the overall development process by identifying gaps or inefficiencies in workflows and suggesting solutions.
- Evangelizing and driving the adoption of best practices in code health, testability, maintainability, scalability.
- Implement and automate development best practices and strategies.
- Develop and track key metrics for engineering performance, drive their improvement over time, and communicate their status.
- Provide technical expertise throughout the product life cycle including design, implementation, and delivery of scalable build/test/release infrastructure.
- Define the strategy and roadmap for the adoption of developer tools and test infrastructure across Engineering organization.
- Collaborate with leadership and key stakeholders on a regular basis.
What you’ll Have:
- 5+ years of experience in building production web application (Agile or Lean environment)
- At least one year experience as a tech lead or team lead
- Enjoy mentoring other developers and helping them grow
- Experience in building Ruby on Rails applications and APIs
- Understanding of how to write, analyze and optimize SQL queries (PostgreSQL is a plus)
- Experience designing and documenting RESTful APIs
- Attention to details, customer centric approach and value for quality
- Understanding of when it's appropriate to incur technical debt and when to pay it down
Why Join Us:
Wrapbook pledges to be a harassment- and discrimination-free space for everyone, regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, nationality, neurotype, personal appearance, political affiliation, professional background, race, religion, or sexual identity or orientation.
Wrapbook Stand For:
- Safe and welcoming work environment for all of our employees
- Unleash and empower our employees to do the best work of their lives
- Clear expectation of your role at the company
- Allow people to focus on what matters
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our Talent team will be in touch with you shortly!