We believe there always is a better way to grow. We positively provoke growth for our clients by reshaping consumer decision-making and experiences through media, content and technology. The Wavemaker way is globally consistent. Fueled by the world’s most powerful consumer data, we understand where and how marketing can intervene decisively to help brands win more sales.
Our name is our mission and our method. To make waves, you need to be provocative, even fearless. We do our best work for brave brands and people who want to be challenged to go further and faster. We know it’s not easy, but if it’s in you, we will get it out of you.
Our 7,600 people across 90 markets provoke growth for some of the world’s leading brands and businesses. Our attitude of Positive Provocation is enabled by:
- deep knowledge we have of our clients’ business
- confidence to challenge what’s gone before
- the support to go further than we thought possible
We are a part of GroupM, WPP’s global media investment management company. Discover more on wavemakerglobal.com, Twitter and LinkedIn
Your role in a nutshell:
The role of the SEM department is to work closely alongside the client and C&C team to ensure campaigns are executed and amplified in an effective efficient and future facing Wavemaker way.
The SEM Manager is responsible leading the Search team and overseeing all clients to ensure the delivery of best-in-class accounts and activity.
Internal WM & GroupM Departments: Collaborate I&A, Digital, C&C, C&P, SEO & CRO, Social and Strategy teams to manage expectations and deliver client objectives
Media Owners: Establish strong relationships with our media partners at a Media sales representative level
Wavemaker Search Team: Contribute to great teamwork with a supportive and positive can- do attitude
What you will need:
- MFA Digital Foundations Certification I and II
- Internal Programmatic Foundations Training
- Passion for SEM
- Well developed, up to date, media landscape knowledge (able to articulate current consumer insights).
- Attention to detail
- Clear and concise communication skills
- Problem solving mentality
What success looks like:
The easiest and simplest way to see if you have done a great job is when:
In 3 months, you would have:
- Immersed yourself in the team with an understanding of the status of all active and upcoming campaigns.
- Established collaborative relationships with all key stakeholders and internal reports.
- A strong understanding of and can clearly articulate the Wavemaker proposition, core SEM processes and our way of working.
In 6 months, you would have:
- Owning the digital implementation process for specific allocated clients/campaigns from end to end, ensuring that your manager and wider team are regularly updated on the performance of each campaign demonstrating excellent attention to detail
- Working well with your direct report
- Demonstrated your ability to deliver on all aspects of the role in an efficient, effective and proactive way.
- Strengthened your key stakeholder relationships to deliver great team work consistently.
In 12 months, you would have:
- Taking on greater ownership for campaigns and clients – responsibility and volume. Proactively adding value to the team based on campaign performance
- Building strong relationships with publishers, representing the Wavemaker team appropriately and ensuring that our campaigns are delivered to the highest quality