Mindshare is a global media agency network with 116 offices in 86 countries and is a part of both GroupM and WPP, the world’s largest media investment companies. We're currently looking for a Strategy Director to our join our team in Sydney.
Overview of the role
This role is responsible for leading best practice strategy recommendations that help clients achieve their wildest ambitions. This includes providing fresh perspectives on consumer insights, media innovation and the application of data and planning tools.
Reporting of the role
This role will be reporting to the Head of Strategy
The strategy team is responsible for delivering strategic recommendations for clients to help them achieve their wildest ambitions. The team works with clients, agency departments and partners to ensure the strategy is brought to life in media creatively and effectively, through the application of our agency planning process and relevant tools and techniques.
On any given day, you might:
- Living and breathing the Mindshare values everyday whilst possessing a proactive mentality and approach to workloads
- Possessing a strong commitment to creating a positive, motivating and inspiring team culture with the ability to contribute POV's and follow leadership directives
- Communicates confidently and effectively on all matters with clear articulation holding both excellent written and spoken capabilities when communicating internally and externally.
- Conducting own personal brand within the Mindshare Professional Etiquette guidelines.
- Be an effective, committed and participative leader and team member, providing feedback to contribute to their continued development.
- Assisting clients to identify and articulate their 'wildest ambition'
- Applying rigour and compelling insight(s) to provide a fresh perspective on comms strategy
- Applying all relevant planning tools and processes to substantiate thinking
- Producing best-practice strategic recommendations with clear implications for media
- Developing innovative media solutions to client challenges and follow through to ensure delivery
- Delivering proactive, original thinking that provides added value to partners
- Developing and sharing case studies to elevate agency product and profile
- Demonstrating a strong understanding of your client and their category and building a trusted relationship
- Developing strong relationships with media owners to build knowledge of product suite and formulate opinons on the media landscape
- Developing strong internal partnership relations and builds knowledge of product offering
- Managing client expectations effectively with regard to the delivery of their work
- Considerable career experience across digital, major media and strategy-related topics
- A proven strategist, delivering creative media activations with passion, energy and conviction
- Extensive experience of delivering advanced client business and brand outcomes
- Strong experience in media agencies or the wider marketing industry using relevant planning tools, techniques and processes
- Professional marketing qualification or equivalent experience