AKQA Media are looking for a Planning Executive to join the Tourism & Events Queensland team.
This is a unique opportunity in Brisbane to work on a key strategic account and be part of a progressive team working in a transformative media and communications company.
We’re looking for an experienced media planner, with a passion for building brands and connecting with consumers through creativity, data & technology. This role functions as the hub of the client’s campaigns, living and breathing all channels, and building strong relationships with a wide range of partners.
Three best things about this job
1. You’ll work in a high performing team of passionate people who support each other to think differently and challenge what’s possible. You’ll be supported by a director and manager who’ll provide opportunities, direction and training to help your career flourish and grow.
2. We have deep capability across strategy, media, creative, technology and experience, which allows us to design and implement along every brand touch point on the consumer journey. Our cross-functional planning and delivery teams are engineered to ensure we never lose sight of opportunities to innovate and optimise.
3. In this role, you’ll work with one of the most progressive clients in the market, Tourism and Events Queensland, having transformed their business to be at the forefront of digital, data and technology. In addition to working with some amazing people, you’ll learn about parts of Queensland that most of us only dream about and play an important role in Queensland’s tourism bounce-back.
What’s your role –
In 3 months:
- Solid understanding and application of agency planning process.
- Broad understanding of tourism category and client’s marketing goals.
- Heavy involvement in campaign planning & implementation to help the team meet set deadlines.
- Established strong relationships with key agency, media & client contacts.
In 6 months:
- Complete ownership implementing best practice planning from brief to post analysis.
- Confident collaboration with internal teams and external partners to fulfil the above.
- Knowledge and application of data & technology capability to execute best-in-market campaigns.
- Be the go-to for the client’s campaign team.
In 12 months:
- Deep understanding of tourism category.
- Identify areas for improvement or innovation within the team operating model.
- Involvement in longer wave brand work.
- Thinking that challenges the norm and begins to look at different media opportunities for the client.
- Growth within a team that is 100% operating at the edge of creativity, data & technology.
- Out of the box thinking to continually challenge how we grow the tourism industry.
What will help you succeed
- Minimum 2-3 years media experience.
- Strong planning experience with solid understanding of the role of channels, traditional & digital and across owned, earned and paid.
- Proficient with relevant media software required to perform the role, including Asteroid, TVMap, AQX and Spectra at a minimum, and an aptitude to learn new, bespoke tools & platforms.
- MFA Digital Certificate 1/ Certificate 2 preferred or a desire to complete these certifications.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite.
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills.
- A curious mind that thinks creatively about solving problems.
- Clear communication skills in writing & presentations and able to “sell the idea”.
- Ability to foster open, collaborative, respectful and dynamic relationships across agency teams, media and key client contacts.
- Proactivity and enthusiasm to contribute to all parts of the agency’s culture & values, from your own career development to knowledge sharing to social activities.