AKQA Media are expanding and on the hunt for a world class Account Manager to join our growing Client Services team in Sydney. Our Account Managers are builders of the client relationship, brand champions and agency facilitators. You will be responsible for managing multi-discipline projects and accounts across search, social, data, creative, content and media and more – for some of the biggest and most influential brands in Australia, New Zealand, and the world.
Three best things about this job
- Everyday spent at work will be alongside a high-energy, positive, close knit team. You’ll work alongside high-performing experts across the paid, owned, and social arena, alongside, marketing strategists, creatives, data analysts, and fellow client service specialists across our studios in Sydney, Melbourne, and Brisbane.
- AKQA Media is a media and communications agency proudly part of the WPP AUNZ network which provides an abundance of growth and opportunity. Looking inwards at AKQA Media, you’ll be joining at a time of great trajectory – we have just expanded recently joining forces with one of our sister agencies which has greatly increased our offering.
- No two days will be the same as you will work across a diverse and exciting client portfolio that spans retail, FMCG, finance, entertainment, food, healthcare and more from both a local and global standpoint.
What’s your role –
In 3 months:
- Demonstrate understanding of AKQA Media processes and finance requirements – revenue and media tracking, account profitability, and scopes of works
- Develop understanding of client’s business goals, existing scopes of works, projects, and begin developing client relationships
- Demonstrate strong client service skills and ability to work with delivery teams to manage client expectations, status, objectives, budgets and timelines in a timely manner.
In 6 months:
- Develop financially viable client proposals and demonstrate revenue and services growth within current client ecosystem.
- Consistently produce work of the highest quality alongside delivery teams.
- Begin owning and managing client campaigns, accounts, and communications with the support of Client Partners.
In 12 months:
- Develop strong relationships and partnerships with your clients, acting as a key business partner.
- Lead and inspire the delivery teams to consistently produce high-quality, game-changing work.
- Regularly prioritising account health, growth, and contributing to new business proposals and up sells.
- Regular training (internal and external) to allow for career growth in line with your personal development plan.
- Clear career progression path and check ins to allow for your growth – at the end of the day this role is what you make it, and determined by where you want to take it.
What will help you succeed
- A can do attitude and hunger to grow
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate ideas clearly and confidently, embodies a culture of proactivity and continuous improvement, and embraces diversity, inclusion, and wellbeing.
- Strong independent problem solving and analytical skills
- Highly organised, strong project management skills and information retention, and the ability to juggle multiple projects and campaigns seamlessly
- Past experience working in a media / advertising / communications agency, or in a project management, stakeholder management, or client facing role is preferred.