VMLY&R is a global marketing agency with more than 7,000 employees worldwide with principal offices in Kansas City, London, New York, São Paulo, Shanghai, Singapore and Sydney. VMLY&R works with client partners including Vodafone, Virgin, Red Bull, Google, Rip Curl, Ford, Australian Defence Force, PepsiCo, Dell, Pfizer and Colgate-Palmolive.
There are more than 400 of us within our 5 offices in Australia and New Zealand. Each VMLY&R office has its own unique personality, and spaces created to enable bold, creative thinking and meaningful collaboration.
And we’re not all about the work. We want everyone to have the best life both in and out of the office. With (COVID permitting) regular events, Friday lunches, and sundowner sessions, a day in the office feels more like a very productive day spent with mates (either physically or virtually).
For more information, visit https://www.vmlyr.com/en-au/australia
About The Role
As a key part of our Experience Design team you will be tasked with working collaboratively to conduct research for an experience strategy project.
The role with involve
- Planning, facilitating, synthesising and documenting findings of qualitative and quantitative research activities to determine audience needs and jobs to be done
- Conducting secondary research activities such as UX website experience and heuristic reviews, content audits, competitor analysis, industry best practice and trends
- Planning and facilitation of customer facing workshops for co-design, ideation and requirements gathering
- Designing artefacts from research findings such as behavioural archetypes/personas, user journey maps, touchpoint maps, information architecture
- Assisting in the design of wireframes and prototypes to convey new concepts and interactions across mobile and desktop websites and apps
- Usability testing and documenting findings
- Work collaboratively within project teams and with client stakeholders to ensure we achieve our project vision and goals within allocated budgets and deadlines
- Advocate for the voice of the customer and live the principles of human centred design
- Articulate the rationale behind your design decisions to internal and external stakeholders
- Work within Dovetail to collaboratively synthesise research into a single repository
- Show significant interest in future of the experience design discipline, and the broader design of human-centred experiences
- Would be helpful to have a working knowledge of Figma or similar design programs for wireframing and prototyping concepts
- Must have a minimum of 3+ years working in UX Design or Research roles
- Must have proven experience working on complex problems with excellent outcomes
- Must have experience in user-centered design methodologies and techniques
VMLY&R is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.