We are looking for an Account Executive to join our team. This is an opportunity to support in executing client programs, and servicing some of world’s most innovative and disruptive brands. The right candidate will be passionate about the communications industry, hungry to deliver outstanding work for great clients, and excited to take the next step in their career with a smart, passionate and growing team.
Hill+Knowlton Strategies Australia (H+K) is part of the global H+K communications network. Locally, we are part of WPP AUNZ. We work with a broad array of clients across the technology, corporate and consumer sectors to build reputations, open new markets, transform sentiment and stay ahead of change.
The H+K team is creative, tenacious and fun. We have a diverse range of experience across multiple sectors and truly love what we do. This shines through in how we partner with our clients and each other. We operate a flexible working model and have great offices in the WPP AUNZ Kent St campus in Sydney which is where we connect and collaborate.
We are a pretty humble bunch, but you can check out our global website here: https://www.hkstrategies.com/. Or learn about our local perspective via LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/amanda-galmes-51053b3/
- Development of key PR materials (including case studies, press releases, media invitations and feature pitches) with creativity, insight and knowledge
- Represent clients in front of the media
- Key client liaison, where assigned
- Demonstrates clear understanding and interest in client's business and the work we're doing for them
- Ensures that highest quality standards are met in serving the client and executing programs
- Demonstrates capability for independent client contact; maintains regular contact with the appropriate client contacts to ensure they are updated on relevant account activity
- Compiles activity reports to accompany monthly invoices to clients
- Begins to contribute to meetings, making appropriate comments, asking insightful questions and taking accurate meeting notes as directed
- Is sought out by client as a trusted advisor on areas in which they manage
- Works effectively with account teams. Is collaborative and a pleasure to work with, showing willingness to work on all tasks from the basics to the more advanced
- Demonstrates positive attitude, pro-activity, professional appearance, solid communication skills, initiative, willingness to work on different industry sectors and provide multiple communication services
- Displays ability to think independently on specific assignments by applying common sense to tackle issues
- Manages time effectively, meets deadlines, pays attention to detail and sets priorities for specific assignments
- Keeps timely and accurate records of time worked on each client each day
- Understands basic accounting fundamentals
- Demonstrates an ability / awareness of how budgets, estimators and activity reports are put together
- Assists in monthly budget process as assigned, e.g.:
- drafting monthly/weekly budget, status or activity reports
- checking supplier invoices, etc.
- Understands the basics of how the accounts they work on are run financially including time they should spend on each account, each month
- Interacts effectively and collaboratively with other team and company members
- Professional and appropriate manner when dealing with colleagues, clients and suppliers
- Interacts effectively with others
Here’s the relevant experience you’ll have, that we’ll build on:
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in PR, marketing, communications) or equivalent proven track record and achievements in the workplace
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in the Public Relations industry
- Evidence of excellent verbal and written skills; background in communications at university or professional level; high energy level, enthusiasm, good organisational skills
- Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Opportunity to work across a diverse client portfolio
- Agile, activity-based-working environment – flexible working is encouraged and supported
- Career development through ongoing, industry leading professional development and training
- Contributions to personal mobile phone costs
- Additional holidays for important milestones
- Discounted health insurance & gym memberships
- Competitive salary with great company benefits
- Brilliant company culture focused on national team building and having fun!
We are The Sum of Us. At H+K, it is not about what ‘some of us’ could do, it’s about what the Sum Of Us can do. It’s about the possibility of what happens when we work together. Staying true to our values means celebrating each other when we do stay true to our values or calling each other out when we don’t. But just as importantly, recognising when we need to support each other.
- We lead with our hearts and minds. At H+K, our EQ is as important as our IQ
- We seek and explore. At H+K, this means being curious, reading, asking questions and listening to learn
- We are humble but proud. We deliver incredible work, work that really does change lives. It’s behaviour changing, reputation building, impactful work
- We bring our passion and energy to all that we do. Every day we bring energy and a fresh perspective to what we do, to make the tried and tested way of doing things feel fresh and new
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter through to firstname.lastname@example.org