We believe talent comes in many shapes and sizes and that the most talented people want to work with the most talented people.
We are a team. We are accountable, we are competitive, but not at each other’s expense.
We learn together, we create together, we succeed together.
We hire on potential, reward on results.
You are here because of your ability to think and influence.
About the Role:
The Account Director is the leader of the operational aspects of the account. He or she is responsible for winning client commitment to the agency’s creative strategy and resulting creative recommendations. The Account Director must anticipate problems before they arise and ensure the smooth running of the account in all matters to do with insight, idea and creative development.
- Build an open, honest and trusting relationship with the client, the account management team, creative department and all other internal business units
- Contribute to the development of business and marketing plans based on the thorough understanding of the market and consumer
- Able to lead a mixed discipline agency team in developing and delivering the highest standard creative product for a client or clients
- Responsible for the development of short term (12 months – 2 years) communications strategies based on the clients business plan and vision
- Work with the team to ensure that the creative briefing process is brought to life and that meetings are a source of inspiration
- Ensure the continuous progression of work by building strong relationship with all core disciplines – media, production, planning and creative.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Demonstrate resilience, tenacity and common sense
- Identify potential and develops account staff
- Seen as a Client’s business partner
- Embody and reflect the Company culture
- Sound financial management skills
- Commitment to the highest standards for the all Company’s work
- Proven track record of converting major new business pitches
- Proven track record of managing and developing client relationships at the most senior level
- Experience with some team management
- Have developed first class creative solutions and campaigns
APAC Effies 2020: Agency of the Year
APAC Effies 2020: Network of the Year
IPA Effectiveness Award & Specialist Award Winner 2020
Australian Business Awards 2018/19/20: Employer of Choice
Campaign Asia 2019: Creative Agency of the Year
Campaign Asia 2019: Best Place to Work Asia Pacific
Effie Awards 2012/13/16/19: Most Effective Agency Network
At Ogilvy, you will Live the agency values and behaviours on a daily basis – Divine Discontent, Relentless Curiosity, Adaptive Connection, Pervasive Creativity and Eternal Craft.
"When people are having fun, they produce better work” – David Ogilvy, Founder
Please note: All applicants must have valid Australian working rights.
Ogilvy Australia is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and people of all backgrounds to apply.