2015 saw GTB launch its Australian office in Melbourne. Formerly Blue Hive Australia, we continue to be more than an advertising agency. (Lots of other places say that, but it’s actually true.) For starters, we don’t just do advertising – we drive regional strategies and connect markets to deliver true 360 marketing across the region. And we’re also not an agency, but a partnership of Wunderman Thompson, Mindshare and VMLY&R working as a single entity. That gives GTB an extraordinarily diverse range of skill-sets all under one roof: from social media experts to designers, user-experience specialists to researchers, creative teams to web strategists, all working as one team to provide creative solutions, flawlessly executed.
The agency is in fantastic, open plan offices in Richmond. The light-filled office space has an outstanding view of the city skyline.The office design includes multiple break out areas and activity based work practices have been introduced to encourage a culture of collaboration. Different combinations of planners, account management, creative, and production staff sit together each day.
GTB encourages its staff to think beyond their traditional roles and have established many different incentives, benefits and awards to encourage this. There is a strong commitment to staff development; multiple internal, external and global training opportunities exist.
…and we’ve got to warn you, being a single-client agency we can be a little “un-ad-agency” in some delightful ways.
Living our values is very important to us all. Take a read of what they are to give you a sense of what we’re about:
- Be nice to each other. Be hard on the work. Be constructive, critical and receptive.
- I’ve got your back. Be a team player. We all share the good and the bad.
- Question why and push boundaries. Challenge the status quo and don’t forget to challenge yourself. Curiosity breeds creativity.
- Be uncomfortable with comfortable. Good isn’t great. Make something to be proud of.
- We’re on a road trip, not a test drive. Ford is a long-term project, so collect experiences, embrace the lessons and have fun.
The mission of the Account Manager is to manage the day to day running and processing of the account, while developing strategic thinking and an understanding of broader business skills and integrated solutions. Being the go-to-person on the clients’ business, the Account Manager will manage meetings with confidence and sell strategy and work with conviction.
- Gain a thorough understanding of your clients' business and market and identify problems and opportunities for your clients in advance.
- Oversee the management of your own particular projects and campaign deliverables as required and support the Account Director/Business Lead, including writing task briefs, developing instructions for media, briefing and liaising with the production departments and coordinating key steps in the project timeline.
- Build strong relationships with clients - ones that are based on personal friendship as well as professional respect.
- Have positive, effective relationships across all the agency departments, driving integration.
- Exercise overall quality control for your account. Demonstrate a commitment to excellence in everything you do. Attention to detail is critical.
- Contribute to the financial welfare of the agency by keeping records of budgets and costs, and reviewing production timing plans, estimates and invoices.
- Be able to persuasively put forward the agency's point of view and be an advocate for your team.
- Be confident creatively. Able to judge creative and comment effectively.
- Be a solid strategic thinker with judgement, working with relevant team members to align on the best approach/response to a brief.
- Exhibit a high level of integrity and fairness.
- A solid understanding in the role of advertising within the marketing mix, how this relates to the client’s marketing objectives, and how success is evaluated.
- A thorough and up-to-date understanding of the client’s market(s) category, its history and development.
- Working knowledge of advertising production processes in all media (TV, digital, print, radio, outdoor, new media, activation, CRM), both technically and in terms of time and cost implications
- A basic understanding media requirements and the implications of media selection on creative executions would be beneficial.
- Ability to accurately estimate and invoice activity on the account with the exception of media.
- Contribute to account forecasting of billing and be responsible for the profitability of the account in terms of billing all costs incurred and ensuring that the agency is paid on time.
- Demonstrate ability to work with creative teams - gain experience in evaluating creative work.
- Able to manage your own time with the capability of managing multiple tasks and projects when required alongside the Account Director.
- Write clear briefs, contact reports, status reports, internal memos and external letters.
- Clear and concise communication, both face-to-face and on the phone, with clients and team members.
- The ability to analyse, process and present statistical information, be it market research or financial reconciliations.
- Able to prepare and present ideas using visual aids.
- Able to debate constructively with Clients and press for agency’s recommendation.
- Listening skills, how to receive advice from those around you, but also share your own learnings and ideas.
- Ability to present and sell production estimates.
- An understanding of all the departments and the role each plays within the agency.