We believe there always is a better way to grow. We positively provoke growth for our clients by reshaping consumer decision-making and experiences through media, content and technology. The Wavemaker way is globally consistent. Fueled by the world’s most powerful consumer data, we understand where and how marketing can intervene decisively to help brands win more sales.
Our name is our mission and our method. To make waves, you need to be provocative, even fearless. We do our best work for brave brands and people who want to be challenged to go further and faster. We know it’s not easy, but if it’s in you, we will get it out of you.
Our 7,600 people across 90 markets provoke growth for some of the world’s leading brands and businesses. Our attitude of Positive Provocation is enabled by:
- deep knowledge we have of our clients’ business
- confidence to challenge what’s gone before
- the support to go further than we thought possible
We are a part of GroupM, WPP’s global media investment management company. Discover more on wavemakerglobal.com, Twitter and LinkedIn
Your role in a nutshell:
The Analytics Executive is responsible for collating, analysing and reporting full funnel metrics across a wide range of clients and projects. The ideal candidate needs to make data informed decisions, collaborate with digital teams and client teams to drive continuous improvement and marginal gains across campaign performance. An analytical mindset and strong attention to detail is a must.
Previous Adobe/Google analytics experience is required to extract data and clearly communicate insights back to internal teams.
Internal WM & GroupM Departments: Collaborate I&A, Digital, C&C, C&P, SEO & CRO, Social and Strategy teams to manage expectations and deliver client objectives
Media Owners: Establish strong relationships with our media partners at a Media sales representative level
Wavemaker Search Team: Contribute to great teamwork with a supportive and positive can- do attitude
What you will need:
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong mathematics background – you must love working with numbers and enjoy new ways to look at/craft a story from data
- Inquisitive - curious about all aspects of data analysis, with a desire to understand the how and why behind data.
- Proficient in Excel, SPSS and PowerPoint
- Experience across Google and Adobe products
- Keen to learn and nurture in what can be a dynamic environment
- A passion for the media industry and an understanding of the media landscape
- A willingness to work with different data tools
- Good relationships within the marketplace
- Good at working independently and as part of a close-knit team
What success looks like:
The easiest and simplest way to see if you have done a great job is when:
In 3 months, you would have:
- Become proficient on the client’s businesses and product portfolios
- Developed a productive working relationship with the teams
- A strong understanding of the KPIs and key deliverables on the different businesses
- A strong understanding of key technology platforms, with the ability to teach wider team data insight tools
- Been exposed to presenting data trends, highlighting incremental value and business value and delivering next steps to continue learnings
In 6 months, you would have:
- Built relationships internally and with the GroupM Analytics Team
- Start to understand various paid and onsite media opportunities within the client’s portfolios
- Building reports with minimal supervision from your manager. Reporting should include data analysis that finds ways to improve campaign planning (outside of pure observation).
- Identified data trends within your portfolios and worked with digital strategist and digital trading teams to build into test and learn framework
- Started to identify and present data trends, highlighting incremental value delivered to the business and start forming an opinion on next steps to continue learnings
- Demonstrate a passion for the data analysis through your team. This includes staying up to date with media trends and providing an opinion on media back to your team.
- Driving effective process control through the team, including the regular contact and the meeting of all compliance
In 12 months, you would have:
- Leaning in and supporting client delivery meeting with your manager, including taking the lead on identifying and presenting data trends, highlighting incremental value to the business and discuss next steps to continue learnings
- Began to lean in on end to end performance strategies across your portfolios, with support from planning team
- Start managing the flow of work into the team, by prioritising, adjusting expectations (internally) and understanding opportunities for efficiency in process.
- Become a trusted advisor in data analysis to the client teams, together with your manager.
- Have formed strong opinions about the data analysis for the business, including thought leadership within the agency.
- Working on special projects outside of the day-to-day.
- Leading and owning the client relationship, specifically with data driven reporting and insights.
- This includes a positive working relationship, regular face-to-face communication and a professional tonality to all communications
- Proactively adding value to the team based on digital campaign performance