If you believe in putting everything you are into everything you do, VMLY&R just might be the perfect place for you. You can join more than 400 VMLY&Rers across Australia and New Zealand. Each VMLY&R office has its own unique personality. And what you’ll find inside is a space dedicated for small chats, big thinking and collaborative work sessions. We encourage everyone to get together over new ideas and questions no one’s ever asked. That’s how we keep our creative edge and consistently deliver innovative work.
But at VMLY&R, it’s not all about the work. We want everyone to have the best life both in and out of the office. With beer taps, ping pong tables, cook offs, Friday pub lunches, and balcony sundowner sessions, a day in the office feels more like a very productive day spent with mates.
For more information, visit www.vmlyr.com.
About The Role
The purpose of the SAM role is to work directly with client and agency teams to develop strategic solutions and lead the go to market activity. Many of the job responsibilities are consistent with an Account Manager role and must be upheld; however, this position manages multiple relationships with the clients, leads/develops initial strategic input and sets expectations for project delivery. The SAM should interact with clients and internal partners as both an effective project steward and strategic partner who helps clarify and develop project objectives, identifies challenges, and guides the creation of strategies and metrics for success. This person will be responsible for both leading medium – large projects and acting as day-to-day support on strategic projects.
The SAM must also ensure that relevant information across groups is communicated and translated into specific actions. The SAM should demonstrate an understanding of the client’s business (objectives, risks and strategies) and its marketing goals, applying them to strategic direction for projects. Risks and dependencies will be communicated to the internal team and the client as necessary.
SAM’s must identify opportunities for incremental growth. They should have a get-it-done mentality because a key component of this role is translating strategy to execution and being ultra-responsive. Working directly with the SAD and BL, they are responsible for ensuring success across all functional teams and overall client delivery. Financial responsibilities include tracking billing and expenses for the jobs and accounts managed.
- Day-to-day main client contact on campaigns managed.
- Ensures operational excellence on the accounts managed.
- Directs team relative to clients’ business goals and objectives to inform projects.
- Participates /leads key client meetings: status meetings, brand/project briefings, cross-agency partner meetings, presentation of VML work.
- Informs SAD and Business Lead on status of projects.
- Maintains and grows knowledge of clients’ business and industry.
- Keeps team apprised of competitive activity.
- Financial management responsibilities include reviewing SOWs, projections and billing for campaigns managed.
- Focus is on client campaigns, directing execution of projects (80%) and mining new opportunities (20%).
- Proactive thought leadership around areas of interest and new opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred.
- Three to six years of agency and/or client-side experience managing large- scale campaigns.
- Detailed knowledge/passion of the digital industry, emerging trends and innovation.
- Highly motivated, energetic and driven - A radiator.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment and making decisions.
- Detail oriented - A closer.
- Strong ability to form and maintain good relationships.
- A strong communicator with effective presenter skills necessary to deliver regular presentations.
- Ability to think and operate with strategic orientation in addition to task/project management.
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams and participate in and navigate cross- agency collaboration.
- Team player with strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Manages up and knows when to escalate internal and/or client concerns.
- Ability to help mentor and support career development of junior team members.
Measurements of Success
- Clients LOVE, not just like or respect you – they’ll wonder what they did without you.
- Effective team collaboration to deliver campaigns on time and on budget and in line with client expectations or to exceed them.
- Juggle multiple campaigns with maturity and professionalism.
- Team player keen to play a pro-active role in keeping team morale high and bringing energy and enthusiasm into the office each and every day.
- SAMs should be 95% billable.