If you believe in putting everything you are into everything you do, VMLY&R just might be the perfect place for you. You can join more than 120 VMLY&Rers in the centre of Sydney.
The VMLY&R Sydney office has its own unique personality. And what you’ll find inside is a space dedicated for small chats, big thinking and collaborative work sessions. We encourage everyone to get together over new ideas and questions no one’s ever asked. That’s how we keep our creative edge and consistently deliver innovative work.
But at VMLY&R, it’s not all about the work. We want everyone to have the best life both in and out of the office. With beer taps, ping pong tables, cook offs, Friday pub lunches, and balcony sundowner sessions, a day in the office feels more like a very productive day spent with mates.
For more information, visit www.vmlyr.com.
We are looking for a highly talented Sitecore Developer to join our North Sydney development team. You will be contributing to estimations, support and maintenance and project work streams for one of our key accounts liaising will all departments in VMLY&R. The successful applicant will have demonstrated experience in working on end to end solutions in an enterprise environment within the .Net technology stack.
You will help to drive the translation of clients’ business problems into innovative technology solutions, by creating and owning the technical vision of a project. You will ensure these objectives are achieved with a high level of quality.
- Working on the end to end solutions within the .Net Framework
- Working on support tickets and issue resolution within the scoped timeframes
- Implementing short-term solutions for quick resolution of issues and beginning to develop long term solutions to problems that occur.
- Analysing frequently occurring issues related to application and performance issues for supported applications/systems and/or database.
- Coding: Maintaining code. Applying structured programming techniques and adheres to coding standards.
- Testing: Independently setting up, and conducting local and server testing.
- Documentation: Document support issues and solutions.
- Perform other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
- Working with the Project Managers to estimate the time required for a fix
- Work with the Quality Assurance team to deliver a quality product on time
Desired Skills & Experience
- Strong educational background in computer science or related fields
- Extensive experience of front-end development and the delivery of digital projects
Technical Skills & Experience
- Experience using AngularJS
- Experience with end-to-end enterprise .Net implementations and deployments
- Experience with a modern version control system such as Bitbucket or Azure DevOps
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good communication skills (verbal and written) to interface with project managers and clients
- Ability to manage time for efficient delivery of work
- Ability to learn new technologies and adapt quickly
- Good understanding of usability, accessibility and cross browser compatibility issues
- Experience working in both an Agile or Waterfall delivery process
- A team player that is always willing to help and takes pride in producing the best outcome for the client at every step of the way
- Availability for occasional travel based on client and project needs
- Desire to learn new framework, platforms and technologies
Skills - Nice to have:
- Experience with Vue or React, webpack and NodeJ
- Other CMS experience
- Agency, start-up or consulting background preferred