The Search Director works closely with the National Head of Search and E-Commerce to deliver success across our SEM products and services, bringing SEM discipline-based leadership and thriving in the dynamic work of campaign management.
A core part of this role is the cultivation of market leading specialists through training and mentorship. Enriching our SEM solutions by ensuring we are creatively using cutting edge technologies, building long-term partnerships, providing thoughtful insights, undertaking successful optimisations and delivering best-in-market client services.
The role leads the SEM team which is responsible for hard working, compliant and compelling Search strategies.
Reporting of the role:
This role reports to the National Head of Search and E-Commerce
What you will need:
- 5+ years’ experience and someone who is keen to teach, train, nurture and can work in a dynamic environment
- A passion for the media industry and a strong understanding of the search landscape
- A keen interest in driving performance of your client’s business
- A willingness to work within performance planning principles and technology platforms
- A preference to collaboration and team-based working
- Strong attention to detail
- Digital technology skills, specifically across Google products
- Good relationships within the marketplace
What success looks like:
The easiest and simplest way to see if you have done a great job is when:
In 3 months, you would have:
- Become proficient in the client’s business, product portfolio and approach to digital media
- Built relationships internally, with media partners, with the client’s media team and the greater digital teams within the business
- A strong understanding of the KPIs and key deliverables within your team and be on track to deliver these
- Demonstrated a thorough understanding of client and Wavemaker compliance processes and their role in our work
- Developed a good understanding of the competitive landscape and built an opinion on how to engage that market
- A strong understanding of key technology platforms, with the ability to teach your team
- Consistently managed and delivered campaigns with the highest degree of service, strongest results and without error.
- Become a trusted advisor to your team, agency and client partners, delivered successful outcomes and as a result grown the investment across your portfolio.
- Begun training and mentoring with your team of Managers, Executives and Coordinators to develop their knowledge and capabilities.
- Provided input into the current product roadmap, prepared an analysis of the current state of play and presented opportunities to develop our product and service offering, to deliver best in market solutions.
- Managed the implementation of required operational changes to help improve the day-to-day efficiencies and deliverables from your team, positioning your team for success.
- Worked with the National Head of Search & E-Commerce to undertake initiatives that build relationships, share knowledge, develop client accounts and improve operations.
- Developed a strong understanding of the client technology stacks and the impacts on campaigns
- Used available technology and data to build best-in-market campaign architecture, maximising yield from campaign delivery
- Driven efficiencies in the team through process re-engineering
- Worked independently to lead your teams in day-to-day operations
- Delivered across the baseline of “Brilliant Basics” and driving toward positive “Google Honours” results
- Built a strong leadership position with client media and greater digital team
In 12 months, you would have:
- Developed strong, mutually successful relationships with your key Wavemaker stakeholders, our agency partners and clients.
- Actively managed and delivered against our revenue / growth targets.
- Supported the Wavemaker management team in building out competitive and market leading Proprietary proposition, which compliments the broader Wavemaker proposition we extend to our client.
- Invested in your team, offering development and learning opportunities.
We believe there always is a better way to grow. We positively provoke growth for our clients by reshaping consumer decision-making and experiences through media, content and technology. The Wavemaker way is globally consistent. Fueled by the world’s most powerful consumer data, we understand where and how marketing can intervene decisively to help brands win more sales.
Our name is our mission and our method. To make waves, you need to be provocative, even fearless. We do our best work for brave brands and people who want to be challenged to go further and faster. We know it’s not easy, but if it’s in you, we will get it out of you.
Our 7,600 people across 90 markets provoke growth for some of the world’s leading brands and businesses. Our attitude of Positive Provocation is enabled by:
- deep knowledge we have of our clients’ business
- confidence to challenge what’s gone before
- the support to go further than we thought possible