The Company :
WPP AUNZ is a creative transformation company. For our clients we are here to grow business so that it can thrive in this new economy. For our people, we are here to grow talent and foster creativity. We offer services in four highly skilled areas. Communications, experience, commerce and technology. Each of these skills is critical in building strong companies for a constantly changing future. Our culture is one of excellence. We foster and celebrate leadership wherever we find it. We encourage our people to be open, optimistic and to reach for extraordinary. We may not always get there, but we will never give up trying.
Your Role in a Nutshell:
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the strategy, creation, planning, execution and evaluation of all WPP AUNZ’s physical, virtual and hybrid events, brand activations and experiences.
In this critical commercial role, all events will need to deliver on brief and targets including lead generation, brand awareness and engagement, social engagements and revenue.
- Creation of an end-to-end events and experience programme across WPP AUNZ’s corporate functions and brands.
- End-to-end management of all key events – this includes briefing and coordinating all other relevant teams within the business, external event agencies and suppliers
- Coordinate/assist with communication and marketing strategies for events, and engage and respond to our target audience and stakeholders
- Accurately brief marketing and communication team on needed resources such as presentations, press releases and digital content
- Assist with the preparation of budgets and monitor financial performance of each event as well as identify and maximise opportunities to assist with departmental budgets
- Maintain strong working relationships with stakeholders, suppliers, and industry bodies
- Ensure compliance with government and state requirements including managing events during the current Covid pandemic
The successful candidate will have 6+ years’ experience in Event and/or project management, be able to demonstrate creative and innovative thinking, have extremely high attention to detail and high-level problem-solving skills.
In this highly collaborative role, exceptional relationship building and stakeholder management skills are paramount.
In addition to a passion for delivering high-quality and experiential events, our ideal candidate will have:
- Experience developing and delivering large physical, online and hybrid events
- Extensive technical knowledge of events management and implementation tools and software
- Working knowledge and familiarity with virtual event platforms, including moderating events
- Exceptional project management skills including planning, communication, time management, delivery pathways and negotiation
- Strong analytical skills and ability to make data-driven, concise decisions
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a fast-paced, flexible, team-based environment
- Tertiary qualification in Marketing, Events, other relevant degree or the equivalent experience