ABOUT WUNDERMAN THOMPSON
Wunderman Thompson (WT) is a creative, data and technology business built to inspire growth for its clients. We provide end-to-end solutions through creative, data, commerce, consulting and technology services at a global scale. Wunderman Thompson brings together over 20,000 creatives, data scientists, strategists and technologists in 90 markets. We have a national offering in Australia with offices in Sydney, Melbourne and Perth. This role is based in our Melbourne office.
OVERVIEW OF THE JOB
We are hiring a Group Account Director on a fixed-term 9 month contract. This role will see you lead two key accounts at WT.
Reporting into our Melbourne Partner, you will work closely with all departments and lead the team in development of sound strategic and creative solutions across a wide variety of retail and brand driven campaigns. Alongside this, you will develop deep knowledge of each client’s business, brands, competitors and consumers, continuing to support the strong agency relationships we share with key client contacts.
This role requires a hands-on approach, blending oversight of accounts and projects with direct management of key campaigns and outputs. It could best be described as two speed, with fast and sharp retail thinking and a more disciplined, strategically centred approach. You will lead a team of five, coaching and supporting them to deliver high quality outputs whilst ensuring all work is aligned with the direction of our clients.
Our scope primarily spans brand strategy and planning, alongside integrated campaign conception and production. Typical outputs include POS, OOH, TV, Catalogue, Print, Trade etc, with social and digital also required for certain projects. WT work across production of the key campaign components and concepts, with versioning and rollout (e.g., catalogue and POS) normally handled via our clients' studios.
- Development and cultivation of trusting relationships with key clients
- Development of key creative briefs and oversight/sign off for those briefs developed by the team
- Oversight of resource requirements, working with Account team and Creative Resource Manager to ensure work is correctly prioritised across both clients
- Project and campaign management for those briefs requiring senior steerage (and also for smaller pieces where an extra pair of hands are required)
- Contribution to strategic responses and processes, working closely with WT strategy team to develop these
- Reinforcing this strategic steer for the agency team as work is developed to ensure it remains on track
- Act as a client brand custodian within the agency and balance the input of internal departments whilst ensuring client objectives are met
- Management of billings, with accurate completion of JDRs on a monthly basis and revenue forecasting on a weekly basis
- Identify opportunities or business challenges across your clients that other WT disciplines could solve for (e.g. CX, CRM, UX, Tech etc)
- Willingness to ‘get into the trenches’, rather than guide from afar
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- 9+ years agency experience
- A persuasive communicator, writer and presenter
- Team player, able and keen to collaborate and work across disciplines
- Strong strategic thinking capability
- Experienced at managing, leading and inspiring teams
- Experienced relationship builder both within the agency and with clients
- Experience on fast paced retail accounts would be preferred
- Strong organisational and interpersonal skills
- Strong emotional intelligence
Wunderman Thompson is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that diversity positively influences innovation and creativity, creating better outcomes for our employees and clients. We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment that is free of discrimination, harassment or bullying. Race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions, we encourage all applicants.