As the Digital Planner, you will be planning the client’s digital investment. You will assist in the planning of the media experience and manage evolving client needs.
But at AKQA Media, it’s so much more than this. Our Planning Team have the ability to be involved in the whole process, from strategy through to post analysis. The Planning team are the hub of the client’s campaigns, living and breathing all channels, and building strong relationships with a wide range of partners.
All our Digital Planners are empowered to make their own data led decisions, with the guidance of their Client Partner. We are a team of passionate people, who chase innovation. We hold our media relationships dear to our hearts and embody partnership in the true sense of the word.
Three best things about this job
- Fantastic collaborative client relationship
- Ability to think strategically on the client’s business, not just focused on media planning
- Be part of an integrated team of strategists, planners and investment specialists are empowered by technology, to drive growth opportunities for our clients at every stage of the media journey.
What’s your role –
In 3 months:
- Ability to take client briefs and translate them into planning recommendations outlining tactics to achieve client objectives and KPI’s
- Work closely with Client Partner & Strategist to deliver solutions through understanding the integrated strategic approach and amplifying the creative idea
- Responsible for the ongoing reporting output of the team, including analysis and action plans
- Engage with specialist divisions within AKQA Media and develop strong understanding of overall digital channels to ensure a holistic response to client brief
In 6 months:
- Lead delivery of digital recommendations and plans which outline tactics to achieve client objectives and KPI’s on a quarterly basis
- Develop relationships with key external stakeholders: media partners and taking responsibility in providing timely feedback to partners on all briefs
- Mentor Coordinators through new work tasks, dedicating time to develop them
- Upskill the team Coordinators media skills; working them to develop detail media plans, utilising planning tools and building an understanding of the negotiation process
In 12 months:
- Manage and maximise value of clients’ budgets in annual media negotiations, developing benchmarks, setting and delivering on agreed outcomes
- Be an expert in channels and share expertise with broader team and client
- Ability to broaden your thinking and skill set in brand and measurement
- Develop capabilities across strategy, media, creative, technology and, experience allowing you to be part of a team that designs and implements thinking along every brand touchpoint on the customer journey.
What will help you succeed
- Intermediate knowledge of the digital space
- Experience in utilising ad servers (Sizmek, Campaign Manager), Planning tools (Roy Morgan, Nielsen) and Verification tools (MOAT, IAS, ComScore, Nielsen).
- Knowledge in other research tools (Google Trends, Hitwise) desirable
- Proactive approach to improving digital knowledge and capability
- Highly organised, project management and coordination skills
- Attention to detail with an effective and efficient working style