MediaCom is an agency of GroupM, the world’s largest media investment company and are a part of WPP. In fact, we are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally. At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.
Purpose of position
MediaCom’s Creative Systems department is looking for a curious and passionate Social Manager to work on one of the largest and most progressive technology businesses in Australia, as well as develop and lead our broader offering across Creative Systems.
The successful candidate will be both managing the technology brand’s social accounts as well as leading the overarching social strategy for this brand and tactical social activations across our wider client set. This is an amazing opportunity to work with and mentor a growing team of experts who are leading the way in the social & content space.
This role will serve as a pivotal position within the MediaCom Creative Systems team; with the allocation of your time covering both Dell ANZ and Alienware ANZ across social channels, with close links to the partnerships and media teams.
Although a Melbourne based position, there will be the need and expectation for structured and semi-regular national travel for relevant client events, responses, and meetings. The role will be yours to own and shape, with the leadership group supporting you as the account/role develops based on client and department needs.
As with any social media role, there is also an expectation within realistic proportions for social media management/publishing to potentially occur outside of typical business hours. Our flexible work approach is something we are very proud of, so we always look for balance in this area.
The Social Manager as a key role on the account will be expected to facilitate/attend this schedule as it arises. This also includes making provisions to publish social content across the team where scheduling is not available in certain instances.
Some amazing things about the role:
No two days are ever the same. Working with this brand means awesome opportunities to try the new and the different.
Be a part of a vibrant social and content marketing team.
We are a group of team players that will support your development and learning.
We have a ‘people first’ approach and encourage a flexible working environment that works for all
Lead and produce award-winning work.
The opportunity to help shape the future of not only your key client, but also the direction of our wider department offering.
On any given day, you might
- Liaise and coordinate with several stakeholders; media planners, client leads and creative agencies to ensure integration, consistency and effectiveness across social and content led campaigns.
- Build relationships with technology providers and other third-party suppliers to ensure a world-class social media offering.
- Build and manage a team of social experts and focus on the growth and development of your team through regular 1 to1 conversations and performance reviews.
- Role model effective communication skills/ practices
- Lead the social strategy, content, and community management of one of Australia’s most well-known and respected brands across Instagram and Twitter, among other potential new channels as they arise.
- Deliver content that brings people and brands together in new ways through interesting and engaging content calendars, ongoing social media communications and tactics to drive community engagement and brand preference across several social platforms.
- Monitor & develop effective benchmarks for measuring the engagement and growth of the community. Analyse, review, and report on ongoing activity and key product launches. Liaise with the client to continually develop and optimise initiatives that drive engagement and effectiveness.
- Be the social lead on client briefs, managing campaigns from start to finish.
- Lead brainstorms and other ideation/inspiration sessions.
- Be the social lead for any partnerships, events – delivering on client objectives.
- Develop the product and strategic direction alongside the leadership group focusing on the wider Creative Systems offering.
- Develop and support the leadership of a successful Creative Systems product offering across wider Social & Content offering in partnership with our national team.
- Manage day to day client requirements across both Dell ANZ and Alienware ANZ and wider projects as briefed in.
- Build/Maintain strong client relationships through best-in-class servicing.
- Own both internal and client WIP meetings.
- Ensure accountability to client KPI's, deliverables and timely delivery.
- Drive innovation across client’s business through partners and new product and platform updates/innovations.
- Manage the monthly invoicing process across your key client as well as wider projects you will be leading.
- Assist the MediaCom Creative Systems leadership group in identifying revenue driving opportunities for MediaCom.
4+ year’s experience in social media marketing.
Experience managing large social media profiles
Experience managing senior clients and stakeholders.
Creativity and a passion for creating copy and ideas that live in social media.
Strong understanding of social management and reporting tools (Hootsuite and Brandwatch desirable)
Capability of dealing with difficult client situations and working to mutually desirable outcomes
Previous people management experience.
Excellent presentation skills.
Problem solving and agile thinking
Idea generation and creativity that speaks to client briefs
Strong knowledge of social platforms and social trends.
Highly organised and excellent attention to detail.
Supports team on all requests.
Competent in all Microsoft office software.
Basic photoshop & video editing skills (Premiere Pro)