Wavemaker is an agency of GroupM, the world’s largest media investment company and are a part of WPP. In fact, we are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally. We are currently looking for an Investment and Activation Associate Manager to join us. In this role, you will be responsible for acting as the interface between Wavemaker and our media partners, to ensure client campaigns are executed and amplified in an effective, efficient and future facing, Wavemaker way.
The role of Associate Manager within the Investment & Activation team is to implement approved client media plans, ensuring that there is efficiency and rigour in the process.
At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to: I&A Manager
Direct Reports: I&A Executive, I&A Analyst
In this role, your goals will be:
In three months:
- Immersed yourself in the team with an understanding of the status of all active and upcoming campaigns.
- Established collaborative relationships with all key stakeholders and internal reports.
- A strong understanding of and can clearly articulate the Wavemaker proposition, core I&A processes and our way of working.
In six months:
- Owning the I&A processes for specific allocated clients/campaigns from end to end, ensuring that your manager and wider team are regularly updated on the performance of each campaign demonstrating excellent attention to detail
- Working well with your direct report
- Demonstrated your ability to deliver on all aspects of the role in an efficient, effective and proactive way.
- Strengthened your key stakeholder relationships to deliver great team work consistently.
In 12 months:
- Taking on greater ownership for campaigns and clients – responsibility and volume. Proactively adding value to the team based on campaign performance
- Building strong relationships with publishers, representing the Wavemaker team appropriately and ensuring that our campaigns are delivered to the highest quality
- Assist in the training and development of Analysts and Executives in the team
- Provide clear guidance and instruction when teaching & helping others
- Openly communicate and collaborate with all internal Key Stakeholders and reports regularly
- Live and breathe the Wavemaker values everyday (Care, Grow, Create)
- Provide guidance to Analysts and Executives on campaign implementation
- Support I&A Manager on campaign planning
- Establish an understanding of client challenges, objectives & initiatives.
- Engage with our partners to build knowledge of the media landscape and understanding of core media principles and the capabilities of each media touchpoint
- Work collaboratively with Media and/or platform partners, ensuring strong relationships are developed from the outset and you have an understanding about their offerings and relevance to our clients
- Engage with our WM product teams and GroupM proprietary product and service teams to ensure you have an understanding about their offerings and relevance to our clients
- Help build on the agency's reputation for outstanding client service. Ensure delivery against client expectations every time – “under promise/over deliver”
- Provide insightful, detailed, timely briefs and feedback to our Media and/or platform partners
- Begin to develop relationships with clients at a Marketing Assistant or Marketing Manager level
- Activate approved media plans, ensuring campaign deliverables are met consistently, across all touchpoints.
- Book, load, confirm, optimise, track and post analyse client media campaigns.
- Construct and present insightful and progressive post analysis reports.
- Benchmark cost and quality internally, leverage insights to improve value extraction and share learnings internally.
- Seek to find, communicate and implement improvements in all aspects of the role.
- Play an active role in regular I&A department meetings.
- Share relevant and insightful commentary internally, for the broader agency.
- Be a positive face of Wavemaker at industry events, either related to clients’ category or our media partners.
New Business Growth/Commercial
- Responsible for ensuring all financial and compliance processes are followed with 100% accuracy, including bookings and loadings
- Assist in pulling monthly proformas and sharing with C&C team
- Responsible for ensuring MBA’s, media plans, media confirmation and proformas are reconciled and match with 100% accuracy
- Responsible for ensuring all account queries within 3 days, identifying the reason why the account query occurred and ensuring this process is refined moving forward
- Ensure timesheets are completed accurately daily, and in advance of any annual leave
- Assist C&C with budget tracking and contract tracking, ensuring it is current and accurate at all times
What you will need:
- Passion for Investment & Activation
- Strong, up to date, media landscape knowledge (confidently able to articulate current consumer insights and trends).
- Attention to detail
- Clear and concise communication skills
- Well-developed presentation skills
- Strong media systems knowledge (SpectraMD, Asteroid, MOVE, AQX, Optim8, Etam, Eram, Excel)
- Problem solving mentality
- Broad media buying experience
More about Wavemaker
Wavemaker is a billion dollar-revenue next generation agency that sits at the intersection of media, content and technology. We are obsessed with the customer's purchase journey and is what connects our mission directly to our client’s business challenges. We invented WM Momentum, the world's most comprehensive study into how people make purchase decisions and have conducted over 375,000 surveys in 70 markets and across more than 30 categories. We are a business that is powered by the creativity and curiosity of our 8,500 people in 90 countries, united by our PACED values. We are a part of GroupM, WPP’s global media investment management company.
For more information, go to www.wavemakerglobal.com
GroupM Australia takes pride in being a group built on a set of core values that extend to every aspect of our operation. We are committed to providing an empowering workplace that offers opportunities to learn, succeed and grow. We do this through our dedicated in-house training team who tailor our programs for every level of employee in every discipline across the group. GroupM is the largest media investment management company in Australia with 30% market share and over 800 employees. With such a unique culture, GroupM embraces workplace diversity, allowing our employees to bring different ideas and solutions to the workplace.