ABOUT WUNDERMAN THOMPSON
Wunderman Thompson is a creative, data and technology business built to inspire growth for its clients. We provide end-to-end solutions through creative, data, commerce, consulting and technology services at a global scale. Wunderman Thompson brings together over 20,000 creatives, data scientists, strategists and technologists in 90 markets. We have a national offering in Australia with offices in Sydney, Melbourne and Perth.
SUMMARY OF THE ROLE
Wunderman Thompson is searching for an Account Manager to join their high performing and friendly team in Melbourne.
You will be responsible for a number of brands within an enviable client portfolio and work under the guidance of a Group Account Director and the support from an Account Director. You will be both an advocate and brand custodian for your clients and your key focus is facilitating the process to create world-class creative work. Working both collaboratively and autonomously, you will put together client briefs, identify and support efforts to meet financial targets and get to tackle some interesting and complex business challenges.
- Understand and support the execution of client business plans, help ensure that the business meets all agreed measures of success.
- Ensure that client meetings are well organised and and contact reports are distributed within 24 hours.
- Maintain a proactive position through an understanding and curiosity for clients business.
- Sense and share ideas to grow revenue within the client team - watch for changes in client/ consumer/customer needs and the external environment.
- Brief, challenge and align internal teams - ensuring that all work presented to our clients is world-class.
Operations & Delivery
- Ensure that WT meets or exceeds delivery expectations by checking work thoroughly, working to resource plans and meeting agreed deadlines
- Escalate if a project is not on track and you are unable to find a solution for getting it on track
- Challenge and suggest improvements for any business systems and processes that compromise quality of work or delivery.
- Control direct costs and ensure all resources utilised are captured in timesheets and billed to clients.
- Assist the Client Group with forecasting and regular financial reporting.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Desire to support great creative and strategic work
- Ability to work closely with creative teams
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Skilled multi-tasker
- Great communication and presentation skills
- Knack to develop close and effective working relationship with clients
JOB WELL DONE
In three months you are:
- Building trusted relationships with key clients; developing credibility as a developing consultant through your curiosity about their business and focus on exceeding delivery expectations
- Aligned with the business plans for existing clients
- Understanding the operational and business processes that impact your Clients
In six months you are:
- Holding yourself and others accountable for delivering Client Business Plans, world class creative, data and technology solutions and exceeding delivery expectations
- Starting to consult with clients and internally, identifying opportunities to grow revenue and presenting them to the Client Group
- Assisting the efforts of the Client Group to convert new business leads, feed the new business pipeline and deliver Financial Targets
- Well versed in all internal systems and processes, contributing to forecasting, using resources efficiently and helping to improve client profitability
In twelve months you are:
- Considered a high performing, emerging consultant that supports the WT vision, consistently models our behaviours and positively contributes to culture
- Trusted by your clients and developing influence
Wunderman Thompson is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that diversity positively influences innovation and creativity, creating better outcomes for our employees and clients. We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment that is free of discrimination, harassment or bullying. Race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions, we encourage all applicants.