We are a global leader in production services, giving our clients the edge by making the best work, brilliantly.
We operate in two connected yet distinct markets: traditional production and adaptation, and creative content production driven by data and insight. We combine craft, insight and technology to bring creative work to life.
Hogarth Worldwide is home to 4,500 employees; we operate in 111 languages across 157 markets. We are part of the WPP network.
- Big ideas demand smart delivery (intelligent)
- In a constant push for better (relentless)
- Creative can always work harder (outcome driven)
- The next new thing is only a moment away (innovative)
YOUR ROLE IN A NUTSHELL
The Sample Logistics Manager is a critical role in our newly renovated content production studio and stockroom. You will be directing our content production resources and being hands-on in managing the high-volume of samples and props arriving in and out of the building, for all eCommerce, catalogue, campaign and digital content for our leading retail client.
You are fully accountable and able to direct the sample lifecycle, which spans from retailer through the production cycle and back to retailer. This will include being able to physically move stock from delivery trucks to stockroom storage.
You will ensure all samples and props are logged, prioritised, prepared, photographed, enriched and passed to the post-production team and back to the stockroom, all within the agreed SLA timeframes. Not forgetting, and to the highest of quality standards. You will quickly be able to confirm the status of any sample or prop, and where it is located in the building.
You escalate to the Content Lead well in advance of an issue looming. You are able to report on sample volumes, and these reports are accurate. You confidently use technology to create efficiencies when it comes to sample tracking and coordination, and can assist in integrating and training your team in new technology and associated processes when required.
This role reports to the Content Lead. You will work tightly with our total Content Studio and our client, a leading retailer.
WHAT YOU SHOULD SPEND YOUR TIME DOING
Key accountabilities and responsibilities are as follows:
- Oversee and improve the end-to-end sample lifecycle of all items in the building; arrival, initial online shoot, enrichment, further shoot requirements for catalogues/campaign activity, colour-matching, storage and the return of product to stockroom and/or retailer.
- Manage our small but efficient eComm team and run twice yearly reviews for staff.
- Ensure and maintain the accuracy of all product data in Hogarth sample management software.
- Ensure that all necessary product is shot for all content streams within the agreed timeframe.
- Ensure priority items move through the pipeline (both those requested by client and those internally scheduled) at an accelerated rate in order to meet deadlines.
- Maintain and develop relationships with senior internal and external stakeholders.
- Run reports to ensure that all samples have been photographed, processed, and if any items have been missed, re-direct them back into the priority pipeline to ensure they meet their deadline.
- Ensure we are kept up to date on the status and delivery of products in the content production pipeline.
- Identify any issues and resolve them in a timely manner.
- Direct and mentor any internal junior staff as well as freelance sample team members assigned to Hogarth Australia projects.
- Assist in training of new technology and processes when implemented.
- Assist in moving products from delivery truck to stockroom storage.
- Meet with stylists to show relevant collections and props for shoots.
- Manage OH&S within the stockroom and escalate any issues to Content Lead and facilities manager.
- Maintain communications with Producers across all workstreams to ensure enough lead-time for prep and delivery of samples in conjunction with the relevant sample prep freelance crew.
- Liaise with client regarding any items that don’t match with online sample data.
- Preparing estimates for client for monthly eCommerce and content streams activity.
- Booking talent for on-body shoots if / when required.
- Managing additional photographic, styling and storage resources in peak periods.
- Reconciling jobs monthly for final invoicing to client.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
We want you to know that you are making a difference at Hogarth. Your accountabilities listed above will help facilitate the following successes:
- The client, crews and Content Studio team love working with you and see you as an invaluable member of the team.
- All of your projects are efficient and effective when it comes to delivery, on time and to the highest of quality.
- You are seen as a true collaborator and get stuck in.
- You always solve the most complex of challenges.
- You constantly think of smarter ways to deliver your work.
WHAT IT TAKES
This role is best suited to senior operator with extensive retail experience and strong team and stakeholder management skills who is not afraid to get their hands dirty.
Working in a fast-paced environment, you are a calm and collected multitasker, with an incredible eye for detail and ability to manage a busy team. You always think smarter about how to tackle a challenge and formulate mitigation plans to make sure products never miss their on-show deadlines.
To be successful in this role, you are required to be highly analytical, love data management, and have a knack for streamlining processes and simplifying workflow. You have excellent communication and management skills. You have the ability, skills and confidence to work alongside key retail stakeholders and can assist in the management of the relationship.
The following are desirable:
- Agency production experience.
- Retail understanding and experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- Agile project management qualifications.
- Hands-on craft capabilities.
Our values created by our people are the thread that ties our culture together. How we behave as a community and the product we create for our partners, all centres on bringing our values to life.
Hands-on (our commitment): We don’t wait for things to happen; we get hands-on and make them happen.
Happy Family (our people): We look out for each other, share our successes and unite as a happy family.
Heart and Soul (our craft): We love what we do and bring heart and soul to all we do.
Honest (our relationships): We are honest; it’s not always easy but it’s the right thing to do.
Hungry (our mindset): We are inquisitive and push boundaries; hungry to find a new way.
**Please note: visa sponsorship is not offered for this role. Applicants will have to be based in Australia with full working rights to be considered**