Ogilvy PR Australia is one doorway to a creative network whose purpose is to make brands matter in a complex, noisy, hyper-connected world. Our specialist team of thinkers, filmmakers, designers, writers, producers, and strategists are passionate about making stories matter. From big-picture ideas to pixel-level detail, we build reputations, change behaviours and move hearts.
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for a curious and enthusiastic copy-based creative to join our team of thinkers, makers, strategists and design creatives at Ogilvy PR Australia. Someone proactive and collaborative who can take a brief and make every story matter in a fast-paced environment. We specialise in earned creativity, so while PR experience is a plus, it’s not essential - if you’re an adaptable big thinker, you’ll find your sweet spot.
As a highly skilled writer, your passion for great storytelling will be a given, but you’ll also be able to read between the lines to solve creative challenges. This role is for a strong conceptual thinker who is motivated by the thrill of jumping between brands, industries and project types, and working with smart people and global brands to produce great work.
Ultimately we’re after a verbal chameleon and ideas machine. You’ll know how to channel the feels, adapt tone to audience, wrangle rhythm, and connect the dots between comms strategy and creative outputs. Someone who brings energy, ownership, accountability to every brief, gets things done on time, accepts feedback gracefully, and doesn’t miss a step when challenges arise.
We’re after someone who loves exploring new trends and is keen to learn.
What you’ll be working on
You’ll be part of the Creative & Strategy team, supporting on campaigns and new business projects across the agency’s three practices: consumer and brand PR; corporate, technology & B2B; and health and public affairs. As part of this central team you’ll get broad exposure to the agency’s stable of clients, and plug into highly collaborative project teams to solve creative challenges.
The work you’ll do with us will tap into and shape culture, influence policy and health outcomes, and build and protect the reputations of some of the nation’s and the world’s best-loved brands.
- Campaign concept development: ideation, brainstorm facilitation, idea and pitch deck writing
- Creative partnership with the broader Creative & Strategy team and account teams across the agency
- Copywriting of campaign assets (website copy, digital banners, social copy, OOH, EDMs)
- Scripting for video storyboards
- Brand narrative, messaging & concept manifestos
- Copy and creative support on the agency’s marketing activities
Skills, qualifications and experience
- Sharp, fast and adaptable creative writing skills are critical
- Channel agnostic, you’ll have some experience working across integrated campaigns and tailoring messages to audiences in a variety of channels
- Strong attention to detail and sub editing skills
- Exceptional time management skills
- A relevant degree and/or 2-3 years experience in a comparative role (this is a role for someone looking to cut their teeth on exciting clients)
- Conceptual thinking and problem solving skills
As part of working at opr you’ll be part of a growing dynamic company, dedicated to developing its people and ensuring a professional team environment. Our perks include:
- Ongoing, industry-leading professional development and training
- $100 monthly mobile phone bill allowance
- Additional holiday including opr day, your birthday and loyalty leave
- One day off a year to participate in corporate CSR program
- Achievement and loyalty reward programs
- Yoga, meditation and wellbeing programs
- Generous employee referral program
- Employee assistance program offering confidential counselling support
- Discounted rates with Fitness First & NIB
If this sounds like the role for you, we would love to hear from you. Please include your cover letter, CV and a link to your portfolio.