We seek a disproportionate share of the best talent:
At Ogilvy, we are a group of ‘A Graders.
We believe talent comes in many shapes and sizes and that the most talented people want to work with the most talented people.
We are a team. We are accountable, we are competitive, but not at each other’s expense.
We learn together, we create together, we win together.
We hire on potential, reward on results.
You are here because of your ability to think and influence.
About the Role
The Senior Account Manager’s focus is the overall day-to-day organisation and administration of the accounts assigned to them. They must ensure that the team remains focused on the development of new insights/ideas and superior brand building advertising/communication.
Beyond the administrative role, the Senior Account Manager is responsible for opening mid to senior level client commitment to creative and strategic work. The management, direction and development of the project team is essential to control resources and ensure optimum client servicing is maintained. They must ensure the team is well informed about the brand, its market and its competitors
- Support the Account Director in daily tasks and interactions with the client. Address all queries and approvals when the Account Director is absent.
- Manage the team by delegating in an appropriate manner both up and down and keep team informed on work in progress, recognising issues early and pre-empting them.
- Approve/write creative briefs that are concise, actionable and create a sense of direction and creative opportunity.
- Approve creative work that is on strategy and ensure work is effectively presented and executed to clients.
- Provide final account service approval on all production, print and any other product of the Agency’s work.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the client’s brand and its competitive environment, so that the Agency is jointly driving the strategy and adding value to the relationship.
- Work with internal stakeholders to get things done on time, on budget and at the right quality, including peers across departments and disciplines.
- Manage the professional development of direct reports, including feedback and coaching and efficient delegation.
- Develop a strong relationship with the client and ensure they are kept in the loop with work in progress.
- Provide excellent customer service in all client interactions.
- Actively to identify/develop additional business opportunities within assigned clients.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong presentation abilities, including effective influence/persuasion skills.
- Negotiation skills and the ability to demonstrate confidence to negotiate costs with suppliers.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to relate well to a variety of people and build productive relationships, while still introducing elements of fun and humour in the workplace.
- Ability to motivate other team members.
- Ability to handle difficult situation with diplomacy and tact.
- The ability to approach problem solving in innovative ways to gain the best solution.
- Strong time management skills and ability to prioritise.
- Ability to debate constructively with clients in order to defend successfully the agency’s recommendations or point of view.
- Ability to be a good judge of creative work in terms of factual accuracy and relevance to brief
Qualifications & Experience:
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited school.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience within account management, and at-least 1 years’ experience in a similar capacity or equivalent experience
2020 Employer of Choice Award – Australian Business Awards, 3rd year running
2020 APAC Effies Agency of the Year
2020 Most awarded Australian agency at AdStars, Caples and New York Festivals
2020 x3 Grand Prix at AdStars and Sabre APAC awards
2020 #1 for The Work from Campaign Brief.
2019 Campaign’s Australian Creative Agency of the Year
2019 Agency Network of the Year - APAC Effie Awards
2019 Leader - Gartner Magic Quadrant
At Ogilvy, you will Live the agency values and behaviours on a daily basis – Divine Discontent, Relentless Curiosity, Adaptive Connection, Pervasive Creativity and Eternal Craft.
"When people are having fun, they produce better work” – David Ogilvy, Founder
Please note: All applicants must have valid Australian working rights.
Ogilvy Australia is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and people of all backgrounds to apply.